Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #1

The following is an bit of an short item found in the Good Sam Club Cybersam newsletter, January 2005 edition. I have removed all refference to the last name of the couple.

"Take for example fellow ... members Murray and Patsy (last name removed). In April, on their annual trek north to the great state of Maine to work their summer job at a campground, Murray and Patsy agreed that extra rest time before the final leg of their journey would be a good idea. Soon after 11:00 p.m. they pulled their 1999 36-foot Fleetwood Bounder into a nice Campground in Lebanon, Connecticut and settled in for a good night's sleep.

"When they awoke the next morning, Murray did his usual "walk around" inspection of the rig and noticed his rear, outside, dual tire had gone flat overnight. He called the ERS number and informed us of his situation. We were able to secure a provider with an estimated time of arrival of 60 minutes, which was more than acceptable to Murray since he still had a few things to settle prior to getting back on the road.

"The previous evening when they arrived at the campsite, (they) had been told by the campground office where to settle their rig and did so accordingly. Everyone was unaware that (they) were directly on top of the septic system of the campground. It wasn't until the service provider arrived on scene and began jacking the rear of the rig up that the earth opened up and swallowed the jack. The technician barely escaped from under the rig without it collapsing on top of him and literally taking his life. Shook up to say the least, both the Leeper's and the technician took a step back to catch their breath. "Wow, I have never seen anything like this before in my life and I hope I never do again."

"Needless to say, we still had a very bad situation on our hands and a member in need of service. With some great help of an ERS service provider, they were able to winch up the rig over the septic system and onto safe level ground. From there, the technician who remained on site for the entire experience proceeded to get the flat tire replaced and (the couple) back on the road. ... "

(Written by Dean Germinara)

(fka TonyT)
BeenThere DoneThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #2

The following is an bit of an short item found in the Good Sam Club Cybersam newsletter, January 2005 edition. I have removed all refference to the last name of the couple.

"Take for example fellow ... members Murray and Patsy (last name removed). In April, on their annual trek north to the great state of Maine to work their summer job at a campground, Murray and Patsy agreed that extra rest time before the final leg of their journey would be a good idea. Soon after 11:00 p.m. they pulled their 1999 36-foot Fleetwood Bounder into a nice Campground in Lebanon, Connecticut and settled in for a good night's sleep.

"When they awoke the next morning, Murray did his usual "walk around" inspection of the rig and noticed his rear, outside, dual tire had gone flat overnight. He called the ERS number and informed us of his situation. We were able to secure a provider with an estimated time of arrival of 60 minutes, which was more than acceptable to Murray since he still had a few things to settle prior to getting back on the road.

"The previous evening when they arrived at the campsite, (they) had been told by the campground office where to settle their rig and did so accordingly. Everyone was unaware that (they) were directly on top of the septic system of the campground. It wasn't until the service provider arrived on scene and began jacking the rear of the rig up that the earth opened up and swallowed the jack. The technician barely escaped from under the rig without it collapsing on top of him and literally taking his life. Shook up to say the least, both the Leeper's and the technician took a step back to catch their breath. "Wow, I have never seen anything like this before in my life and I hope I never do again."

"Needless to say, we still had a very bad situation on our hands and a member in need of service. With some great help of an ERS service provider, they were able to winch up the rig over the septic system and onto safe level ground. From there, the technician who remained on site for the entire experience proceeded to get the flat tire replaced and (the couple) back on the road. ... "

(Written by Dean Germinara)

(fka TonyT)
BeenThere DoneThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 AM   #3

For shame. whoever registered those people should know where important places like that are located.
As a campground owner, I can tell you where sewer, water and electric lines are all placed. I can also let you know NOT to park over my treatment plants.
If you have workers or managers in your park, they also need to know this information - for their own good and the good of all campers.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:10 AM   #4

Are you sure this is true? I've never seen a place where the septics are installed where someone could drive over them.