Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Filling The Black Water Tank

This happened on our recent Yellowstone vacation.

One of our last days was spent at camp relaxing in preparation of our start for home the next day. Part of the time was spent emptying the holding tanks.

After emptying the tanks and putting away a few things, I stepped inside the RV and my daughter (age 28) just exited the bathroom. I proceeded to the control panel to check the tank levels and the black water (toilet) tank showed 1/3 full.

I said to her, "What?! I just emptied the tank and you already refilled it by 1/3?!" She couldn't stop laughing. She text the story to one of her friends, who also got a huge laugh out of it.

It turned out to be a false reading. It was actually empty when I re-checked.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Don't laugh,

We have occasionally taken my wife's mother (my MIL) with us camping, both in our previous Class C and our current Class A.

We were spending some time at a friends place in the mountains of Virginia and had access to indoor bathroom facilities but they were very close quarter, a small 2 room cabin. Well my MIL didn't want to use the indoor toilet so she'd go in our RV and would fill the commode full of water to flush EVERY time. After about 4 days the black water was full and we had to make a special trip to a dump location that was not hear to dump.

Now when she goes to the bathroom we turn off the water pump.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #3

So we are camping in Rockville IN for the covered bridge tour when I see the 40ft Dp next to me leaking water out the sides. I yelled into the coach about the water, the owner is a friend, and was told he knew. Later he came out and told me the problem. He used the toilet and when he flushed the water did not go down. As he had 4 people in his coach he figured that some one used too much paper and he got the plunger. The real problem was the black tank was full and he didn't realize it till he had water squirting between the toilet and the floor. 4 people, residential toilet and a 50 gallon tank. Boy did he have a mess to clean up.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
MAKE SURE YOU CAN TRUST YOUR SENSORS

Black tank subject has come up 1000 times.
Sensors wrong, reading wrong, flooding, glogging,
plugs, etc.

If you do not maintain your tanks..........you will have constant problems.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #5

Just to check if ALL sensors are working (before a major mishap occurs) take time to check the fresh and black tanks by filling each up with fresh water--just to verify if the "FULL" sensor still works.
Might save some grief, and also create some peace of mind when tanks start reaching the 3/4 mark.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #6

Doesn't the CG in Rockville have FHU? It did when we stayed there years ago.
Perhaps he was at the fairgrounds 2 miles North of town instead, we use their facilities until bedtime then use ours. We'll be there this year again.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:13 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
MAKE SURE YOU CAN TRUST YOUR SENSORS

Black tank subject has come up 1000 times.
Sensors wrong, reading wrong, flooding, glogging,
plugs, etc.

If you do not maintain your tanks..........you will have constant problems.
In all my years of RV'ing and the many different rigs I've never had a problem with the tanks. Then we bought the Magna, seems like the original owner didn't know how to use the tanks so I'm trying to flush out the old "stuff". Will get some Rid-X next and let is sit for a month or so while we get the DW's liver cancer treated (if it can be, that is).
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Will get some Rid-X next and let is sit for a month or so while we get the DW's liver cancer treated (if it can be, that is).
Best of luck with your DW's liver treatment. I've a friend with liver failure and it is one organ where there are many methods of treatment that are available.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water