Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Back in 76 Tommy and his wife Kathryn and myself and my wife Linda had occasion to go out west in Tommies new van. As I recall we were in the eastern part of Colorado when we stopped for lunch. Kathryn has a ''strange taste'' for food and refuses to eat anything ''new''. She asked the waitress if they had 'hot dogs' with chili there and the waitress said yes. Kathryn ordered two hot dogs and the rest of us ordered Mexican food from the menu. A little later the waitress brought our food and Kathryn was amazed. Her two ''hot dogs'' were weenies on buns on a large plate and they were ''covered with a ladle of chili with beans in it, with cheese sprinkled on top''....... Kathryn looked at the plate and looked at the waitress and asked for ''normal hot dogs'' The waitress said these were ''Normal Hot Dogs with chili and cheese''....... She told the waitress she wanted hot dogs with chili that she could eat with her fingers like ''normal people''.... Tommy explained exactly what Kathryn wanted to the waitress and he and I ate the ''out west hot dogs with chili and beans with cheese on top'' and the waitress brought Kathryn ''normal hot dogs''.... From then on Kathryn would ask that the ''food be described'' before she would order it. That was a heck of a trip ........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a link to a website that features "Your Online Guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions": Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

No "Fly Swat, MT" listed, but, there is a nice write-up about Joe, Montana (it was Ismay when I was a kid). You can also find out all you need to know about the "Testicle Festival" in Clinton, MT.

Enjoy!

Take care,
Stu & Cindy

Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can also find out all you need to know about the "Testicle Festival" in Clinton, MT.

News flash. Willa and I were a couple of weeks early for this big event. We were coming thru Montana and a guy told us about it so we went to investigate. Seems it is a real ''event'' .... It happens at a large saloon with dry camping out back for the brave at heart. There is a ''stage'' where you can ''show your STONES'' and get a free beer. We toured the saloon and I have a tea shirt that states that ''I had a ball at the testicle festival''..... As I understand it the thing gets pretty ''wild'' as the nights goes on. It is truly a big event and we felt bad about missing it but we just couldnt wait around for it.
Thanks for the info........ I O U ten cents for that and I will pay you the next time I see you.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I remember an eatery somewhere in Colorado that had a sign over the back of the counter stating-"Use less sugar & stir like h--l". That was even in the mid 50's
Safe travels...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Thanks for the info........ I O U ten cents for that and I will pay you the next time I see you.
Well, not that I'm keeping track...but, I remember that I O U ten cents for two cents worth of advice previously offered by you. I'd guess that makes us about even.

When we meet, we'll have to compare ledgers. I'll provide the beer; off ledger, of course!

Take care,
Stu