Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fresh milk

We made it back to Pie Plant cabin and it was getting close to dark. We loosed the horses in the pasture and whistled up Whiskey and headed for the house for some much needed supper. Art opened a large can of beans and a can of beef stew and put it all on the stove as Jim and I carried in wood for the fire. We hung the lantern over the table and it filled the combination kitchen/setting room with a warm light. The stove heated the cabin and our supper and Art made some ''Cowboy Biskets'' and slid them in the oven. We went out side and washed up for supper and went back inside to sit and smoke and relax our bones from the long ride that day.
You must remember that up at Pie Plant cabin we had no refrigerator. Jim and I just loved milk and all we had to drink for milk was powdered milk. Carnation as I remember. Art made ''Cowboy Coffee'' which consists of boiling water with a handfull of coffee dropped in and let boil for a few minutes. You take it off the stove and throw in a small amount of cold water and this settles the coffee grounds to the bottom of the pot, you pore carefully and drink it hot. Good Cowboy Coffee will float a spoon it is so strong. Really ''Good'' cowboy coffee will float a horse shoe but Art didnt like it that strong. We put supper on the table and settled in for a good meal. Jim and I drank powdered milk and Art drank the coffee. We finished supper and Jim and I did the dishes and put everything away and we settled in for good conversation and ciggies. Art laughed at me about the days adventure. He said he wished I could seen the ''look'' on my face when he said he would ''Just shoot Booger Red in the head and I could ride behind him''. Everyone laughed and I felt really stupid.
We sat and talked and suddenly I had a really good idea. .....
''Art, how stupid can we be''? ''Here we are drinking powdered milk when we are surrounded by cows.'' ''There must be fifty within walking distance of the cabin and if you will just give me a bucket, I WILL GO MILK ONE AND WE CAN HAVE FRESH MILK''..............
they just love ''easterners'' out there.....
Art leaned back in his chair and gave me that ''knowing half grin'' . He looked at Jim and said ..
''Well boy, I am sure Jim and I can go out there and rope and hog tie one of them cows and let you try to milk her until she kicks your head off or at least dents that pretty hat you got on''........... He and Jim busted out laughing and I felt really stupid ..
Art explained to me that these were beef cattle and some of them had not been near a human for six months and they were sometimes shy as elk and just as wild.
I believe I was asleep before my head hit the pillow that night.......

Tomorrow we move the cows.............

the adventure continues .
Seajay .

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds almost as much fun as watching a FOD (Forward Only driver) trying to back his trailer into a camp site? (Old farm boy here, I used to have to back a trailer in between two buildings set so close that if I hit dead center you could not walk around the trailer.. And I had to back it in around an "S" curve to boot.

You don't want to know what went into that trailer but... Political Speaches are kind of related.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Great story =)
2007 Tiffin Motorhomes ALLEGRO 35MH
Dragonrover is offline   Reply With Quote