Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #15

During the Great Ice Age, where we live now was under many feet of ice and it has all melted. It must have been all those cars and trucks the Mastodons were driving (or maybe all the methane from dinosuars farting?)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #16

Folks you are confusing "weather" with "climate." I don't think there is any need to politicize the issue or bash people who care about the world we are leaving our grandchildren. I encourage you naysayers to learn a little bit more about the SCIENTIFIC debate at: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globa...edirected=true

Also, if you are interested in the factual historical record of how human's have managed to destroy the environment and rationalize it, I have a wonderful book for you Collapse by Jared Diamond: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/014...Q76CV8H80DPXPT

Just trying to add another perspective here...

Guide

Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories?

Dieselclacker
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #18

Cool picture Thanks for sharing it. As for global warming, I can say definitely without any hesitation that I am 100% positively sure that
"I dunno" I have noticed that many RVers use more solar power, less water, waste less food, and use LESS gasoline than when at home in the stick/bricks...I know we do. Loving and respecting this beautiful earth can't be a bad thing and it is beautiful
Old 02-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #19

11595gulf -no sense bringing facts up. These folks have their collective mind made up and you cannot change it with facts. There are none so blind as those who will not see. They must get all their info from Fox (not) news. All that will happen is personal attacts because they cannot discuss this rationally. I do think it is funny so I guess it does belong in this area.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
11595gulf -no sense bringing facts up. These folks have their collective mind made up and you cannot change it with facts. There are none so blind as those who will not see. They must get all their info from Fox (not) news. All that will happen is personal attacts because they cannot discuss this rationally. I do think it is funny so I guess it does belong in this area.

Your are so right Dick, that was the reason for my sarcastic post above. Global warming is being discussed on other forums on this site, too serious an issue to some to be discussed here,,,,,,unless you want to tell a joke about the issue, such as the photo of the snowmen by the OP.

Dieselclacker
Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here are some pics to give you something to laugh at..... I put these emblems on my coach and some people are soooooooooo confused when they notice them....... If they ask i tell them the whole bottom is full of batteries LAUGHING of course.....This is my way with messing with people and yes motorhomers use less energy overall than a stick house or hotel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0891.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	8184   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0892.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	8185  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0893.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	8186  
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
Why is it that folks on the side of "climate change" and "we're killing the planet" go with the "they must be watching Fox News" as if that was some measure of intelligence? I have never seen such polarizing rhetoric as is spouted by the global climate change crowd.

I remember back in the seventies the scientists were screaming we were all going to freeze in the dark because of a coming ice age. Now we are going to fry due to a temperature change of one to two degrees. The fact is that all of this is conjecture and no one knows for sure what will happen either way.

I cannot count the number of do-gooder enviro-Nazis who take me to task for driving my diesel truck and towing my trailer, I'm called every name in the book. I'm tired of it. I want a clean planet too, but I'll be dammed if I am going to give up my RV, walk everywhere (no public transport here) and don a hairshirt just to please the environmental lobby.

By the way, I think it is hypocritical of Mr. Gore to spout "an inconvenient truth" while he lives in a 6000 square foot house which uses enough power to supply ten average homes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #23

It was not my intention to criticize anyone, simply to note that by wide consensus climate scientists agree that we are changing the climate and one only has to look at evidence from melting glaciers to extreme weather events as evidence. Many of us are frustrated by the news outlets and talk radio types that play loose and fast with the facts on this matter because it sells. Ok, this is a forum for humor--I get it. I just don't find climate change any funnier than terrorism, violent crime or child abuse. And if you make fun of the people or issues that other people really care about, you should be able to defend your position with more substance than making fun of Al Gore. By the way, you won't find me criticizing the hard working truckers that transport the organic food to my table--that would make me a hypocrite. Nor do I plan to trade in my suit and tie for a hair shirt.

Guido
Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavric65 View Post
Here are some pics to give you something to laugh at..... I put these emblems on my coach and some people are soooooooooo confused when they notice them....... If they ask i tell them the whole bottom is full of batteries LAUGHING of course.....This is my way with messing with people and yes motorhomers use less energy overall than a stick house or hotel
I love it, I was going to get a bumper sticker that says, THIS VEHICLE USES CLEAN BURNING COAL, but I like your HYBRID better. It's fun to mess with the Fat Al wannabes.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #25

1159Gulf:

I'm not convinced that the microspic additions to the climate caused by human activity is cause for panic. Go look at the timeline for the massive floods that carved out the scabkands in Eastern Washington.

There were very few (if any) humans around and they sure as hell weren't driving vehicles fuelled by fossil fuels. If I remeber correctly the data shown at Dry Falls State Park, the ice melt occurred in less than 50 years. The average surface tmperature where we live now went from about -50 (under about 100' of ice), to our current fairly reasonable 40 in the winter and 80 in the summer.

The chances that human activity has an influence on climate change are negligible. What ever happens isn't under human influence.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp
1159Gulf:

I'm not convinced that the microspic additions to the climate caused by human activity is cause for panic. Go look at the timeline for the massive floods that carved out the scabkands in Eastern Washington.

There were very few (if any) humans around and they sure as hell weren't driving vehicles fuelled by fossil fuels. If I remeber correctly the data shown at Dry Falls State Park, the ice melt occurred in less than 50 years. The average surface tmperature where we live now went from about -50 (under about 100' of ice), to our current fairly reasonable 40 in the winter and 80 in the summer.

The chances that human activity has an influence on climate change are negligible. What ever happens isn't under human influence.
Conclusions in any science are reached based on the preponderance of evidence, as reviewed by the experts in the given field. In contrast, the climate change naysayers often use isolated examples to justify their positions, parrot what they have heard in media or talk radio, and often have no formal education in the sciences. This is similar to the logic of "I know someone who lived to 100 and smoked every day." We are not claiming we know exactly how climate change is occurring, or the consequences for our grandchildren and or their grandchildren. However, nearly every climate scientist agrees it's happening and the consequences aren't good now, and will be worse later. That's enough for me to take it seriously. While I have a science and research background, I am not a climate scientist, but have taken the opportunity to objectively evaluate the facts.

Again, no one has answered the question of "Why does most every climate scientist agrees that climate change due to human activities is real and IS changing our environment today?" I don't think it's a conspiracy or a liberal hoax, it's just the sad and inconvenient truth. Again, let's stick to the evidence: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globa...edirected=true

Guido
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11595gulf View Post
Conclusions in any science are reached based on the preponderance of evidence, as reviewed by the experts in the given field. In contrast, the climate change naysayers often use isolated examples to justify their positions, parrot what they have heard in media or talk radio, and often have no formal education in the sciences. This is similar to the logic of "I know someone who lived to 100 and smoked every day." We are not claiming we know exactly how climate change is occurring, or the consequences for our grandchildren and or their grandchildren. However, nearly every climate scientist agrees it's happening and the consequences aren't good now, and will be worse later. That's enough for me to take it seriously. While I have a science and research background, I am not a climate scientist, but have taken the opportunity to objectively evaluate the facts.

Again, no one has answered the question of "Why does most every climate scientist agrees that climate change due to human activities is real and IS changing our environment today?" I don't think it's a conspiracy or a liberal hoax, it's just the sad and inconvenient truth. Again, let's stick to the evidence: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globa...edirected=true

Guido
govt. fund drives the climate bus
brianj
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11595gulf View Post

Again, no one has answered the question of "Why does most every climate scientist agrees that climate change due to human activities is real and IS changing our environment today?" I don't think it's a conspiracy or a liberal hoax, it's just the sad and inconvenient truth. Again, let's stick to the evidence: Global warming

Guido
I'm not so sure 'most climate scientist' believe that. The 'climate' among the global warming believers and many politicos who want funding make it impossible for the 'naysayers' to voice an honest opinion. When given an opportunity at fair an open debate more and more are disagreeing with fellow climate scientists.

Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote