Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #43

I wen to a SAVE THE SPRINGS ralley in Tallahassee Fl They were complaining about some springs being depleted. Three quarters of the people at the ralley werw walking around with bottled water probably taken from the springs they were talking about.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #44
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbs2320 View Post
Yes I get the idea -- that many of you don't understand the man made climate change issue. No one disputes that there are natural causes for climate changes like volcanoes etc. The whole discussion is can man's actions adversely change the climate in a very serious manner and if so should those actions be controlled - much like keeping the rivers and air clean by controlling man's harmful actions, which many of you are probably also against, unless of course it flows directly on to your personal property!
There's a big difference between poisoning the environment and believing man can affect climate, and it's insulting when 'activists' try to draw a parallel.

And jwomack -- your post made me LOL!

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbs2320 View Post
Yes I get the idea -- that many of you don't understand the man made climate change issue. No one disputes that there are natural causes for climate changes like volcanoes etc. The whole discussion is can man's actions adversely change the climate in a very serious manner and if so should those actions be controlled - much like keeping the rivers and air clean by controlling man's harmful actions, which many of you are probably also against, unless of course it flows directly on to your personal property!
Pounding the Global Warming issue to people that have RVs is like preaching to the choir. By our very nature and by necessity we concerve our resources. I for one get tired of the radical do gooders spouting their holier than thou rhetoric. A wonderful example of this nonsense is Al Gore. He wants us all to downsize to save the planet while he sits in his 15,000 square foot house using enough resouces' for ten families. We all do the best we can while still enjoying life. Are you willing to get rid of your 39 foot gas RV and get a van conversion. Probably not. So we all do the best we can and that is all that can be asked.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
In the 1700s (ISTR) the Vikings (nation not football team) were sailing into and out of the north polar sea with planned regularity. Now to my knowledge there were no automobiles, no airplanes and no factories back then so what caused that global warming cycle and why did out beloved Polar Bears manage to survive that warming but will perish in this one.

All this Gorebull stuff is a direct result of attempting to con money out of unsuspecting people and politicians. Scientific debate is NEVER over, no matter what these charlatans claim. Hell they is still ongoing controversy over some of Einsteins theories and I hope none of you class Al Gore in this august category.

Listen to the rabbit. The pancake is coded.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
An open mind to all view points is more helpful to all. A closed mind and engaging in personal attacks like calling people environmental terrorist or nazis, Gorebull etc etc to attack those with a different view does nothing but spread hate, intolerance and violence (e.g., recent events and cross hairs etc.) Yes I do the best I can even though I have a 39 ft gasser getting 7/7.5 but towing a toad that gets 40-45 on hwy. I just try to keep an open mind and try to truly understand the arguements either way. Yes the science is somewhat uncertain but they said that earlier on about smoking, smog etc. etc. The vikings were able to live in Greenland before the little ice age (approx 1300 to early 1800s) (per History channel) but that was a normal fluctuation in the weather trends. The current climate change worry is that mans actions are causing changes outside of the normal natural fluctuations and will that throw us permanently or more significantly in one or the other direction than normal.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #48

Me, me, me ,me....
Old 02-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #49

Many people in the U.S.A. and Canada are reducing their "footprint". Unless the rest of the world co-operates our efforts are futile, and are taken advantage of by China and other rapidly expanding countries.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
After the film "An Inconvenient Truth" emerged an e-mail began to be circulated comparing Gore's home to GWB's home that was astonishing.

You may read it for yourselves here.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All I know is that if I see another picture of a polar bear stranded on a ice floe, I'm gonna puke.
I work at a school and you would not believe the indoctrination of these kids with the "climate change" "problem". Apparently we're all supposed to stay home and freeze in the dark to save the polar bears from being stranded on ice floes.
It IS all about money, and funding.
Sorry, end of rant.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #52

We've had 3 snows in the last month. Global warming is bogus.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
One of the most humorous broadcast I've seen about Global Warming was NBC's story of the British girl hiking the North Pole to investigate the disappearance of the penguins. They even showed a clip of two penguins stranded on an ice flow to prove how the ice on the North Pole is melting and floating off.

Obviously they never heard the third grade riddle of 'why polar bears don't eat penquins' of course the reason is there are no penguins on the North Pole.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #54

Is that why the penguins are in the South Pole? They don't have Polar Bears in South pole. What a relationship that is.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula are home to many if not most of the world’s penguins.

You can also find penguins on the coastal areas of the Galapagos Islands, South America, southern Africa, New Zealand and Australia.

But you will not encounter any Polar Bears in these locations.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeaux View Post
Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula are home to many if not most of the world’s penguins.

You can also find penguins on the coastal areas of the Galapagos Islands, South America, southern Africa, New Zealand and Australia.

But you will not encounter any Polar Bears in these locations.
Yuppers, the South Global Warming hit down there eons ago and the Polar Bears all died off.

It was an unknown fact for a good number of years until someone found evidence of all the cars, trucks and factories the aliens carted off to keep us from being suspect of their activities.