Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Environmentalists have their share of nuts just as all groups do unfortunately in volunteer organizations these nuts, over time, often bubble up to the top becoming the leaders.

Al Gore is a great example, without a scientific background possessing a propensity to make outlandish claims has damaged the reputation of the group so that not even the well founded claims made by them are believed.

His movie, that even many third graders thought to be over the top, was hyped by the media as the coming end of the earth and was cheered by the environmentalists because they thought it would help their cause. Al made a fortune off it and environmentalists gave up a large portion of their reputation yet almost none of them have said we made a mistake, NY City is still there and the seas arenít rising.

Some good can be done by this group but first they must get their feet on the ground and do some house cleaning.

Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Am I the only one that has noticed the irony of this topic being in RV'ing Humor and Crazy Stories section. Pretty well sums it up !

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #73

What I find most funny is that the climate change deniers are the ones who are the most intolerant of others and try to make their case by name calling. Welcome back to the playground kids!

While I don't think politics have anything to do with RVs, since the moderator is allowing these rants, let me only refer to two articles published this week in Nature (as all you scientists will surely recognize as one of the most renown, objective, peer-reviewed journals out there)--reported by FOX News no less!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/16...-extreme-rain/

Also, I am fairly certain that the moon is not made of cheese. LOL.

Guido
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #74

What caused the ice ages before man was around? The scientist all say we had multiple ice ages and warm ups. Now people like Al Gore starts a business that has to do with global warming and of course he's going to say by his products to help stop it. People are such idiots anymore they believe anything. The almighty dollar makes people say and do anything to obtain it. What's going to happen down the road when the next iceage starts? Is that caused by mankind to? I've nothing against solar power, atomic plants, hydro plants and any alternative energy but quit with the bull until they can prove what they are saying instead of just trying to make a buck!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #75
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I figure I'll be dead within 10 years so I DON'T CARE!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo16720
What caused the ice ages before man was around? The scientist all say we had multiple ice ages and warm ups. Now people like Al Gore starts a business that has to do with global warming and of course he's going to say by his products to help stop it. People are such idiots anymore they believe anything. The almighty dollar makes people say and do anything to obtain it. What's going to happen down the road when the next iceage starts? Is that caused by mankind to? I've nothing against solar power, atomic plants, hydro plants and any alternative energy but quit with the bull until they can prove what they are saying instead of just trying to make a buck!!!
Jumbo don't you think the top scientists in climatology would have taken this into consideration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k
I figure I'll be dead within 10 years so I DON'T CARE!
And FINALLY, someone is being honest.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #77

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11595gulf View Post
What I find most funny is that the climate change deniers are the ones who are the most intolerant of others and try to make their case by name calling. Welcome back to the playground kids!

While I don't think politics have anything to do with RVs, since the moderator is allowing these rants, let me only refer to two articles published this week in Nature (as all you scientists will surely recognize as one of the most renown, objective, peer-reviewed journals out there)--reported by FOX News no less!

Scientists connect global warming to extreme rain - FoxNews.com

Also, I am fairly certain that the moon is not made of cheese. LOL.

Guido
I'm sorry, but if you want me to believe all this bull, you'll have to come up with a more credible source then Fox News.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #78

Quote:
Jumbo don't you think the top scientists in climatology would have taken this into consideration?

We aren't saying Global Warming isn't real, we are saying that the same people saying it's caused by man are saying it has happened plenty of times already when mankind wasn't around. So to say it's our fault now when it never was before is kind of hard to believe. The scientist have all said there have been numerous ice ages over millions of years now all of a sudden we are the cause. Just like watching the weather channel and seeing there high and low temps over a hundred year period of time. Just because it was 20 degrees on a certain day doesn't mean it's going to be every year after that. Who cares if it was 20 degrees on that date a hundred years ago it has nothing to do with the weather today!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #79

Quote:

go to this website and see what over 31,000 scientist say about it.

www.petitionproject.org
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #80

I did not claim that ALL climate scientists concur with global warming-- only the majority. This petition project you reference dates back to the 90s and has time and time again been shown to be a clever exercise in propaganda. I think i will look to to professional climatologists for guidance, rather than dermatologists. We have much more evidence to support global warming now, than we did back then. For your reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kevin-..._b_243092.html

Guido
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #81

Send a message via Yahoo to JayLodge
Just got a melt off here in Michigan. Most we've had in a while.

. . . . think spring.
JayLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyzw22 View Post
Everyone can debate whatever they want but when it turns to damaging others property that is when it is officially a problem. Everyone has their beliefs and I know that in Los Angeles when I was ten years old my lungs would hurt after a day of playing outside in the early 70's. Now the air there is much cleaner and that does not happen. Do I believe we should all conserve our mother earth? You betcha. In Kalifornia though I had to put a HYBRID decal on our Ford Expedition because the radical Greenies were damaging SUV's to the extent they would key them and slash the tires. When they see a sticker that says Hybrid they seem to leave it alone. They don't know that Ford Expeditions in 2003 were not Hybrid but it keeps it safe..........
Reason #467 of why I don't live in California.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #83

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Los Angeles does not comprise all of California. Nor does San Francisco or Hollywood.

Dieselclacker
Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #84
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Los Angeles does not comprise all of California. Nor does San Francisco or Hollywood.

Dieselclacker
Yea,but don't these places try to tell the rest of the USA what to do and how they should live?