Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #85

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11595gulf View Post
What I find most funny is that the climate change deniers are the ones who are the most intolerant of others and try to make their case by name calling. Welcome back to the playground kids!

While I don't think politics have anything to do with RVs, since the moderator is allowing these rants, let me only refer to two articles published this week in Nature (as all you scientists will surely recognize as one of the most renown, objective, peer-reviewed journals out there)--reported by FOX News no less!

Scientists connect global warming to extreme rain - FoxNews.com

Also, I am fairly certain that the moon is not made of cheese. LOL.

Guido
I notice that you are using intolerance and name calling to start this post while accusing others of the same.

Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I've actually found it to be the opposite... Dont believe in Man-Made Global Warming, and get ridiculed...

However, that comment of 'most climate scientists believe in global warming' is absolutely false... I have posted several links to prove otherwise in this thread, as have others...

Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #87

I encourage all the "experts" on the forum to Google Junkscience.com and Climategate. As the SIL of a Astrophysicist studying terminal shock in the Heliosphere and knowledgeable about grants, the National Science Foundation will keep funneling grant money to those universities whose professors continue to put out studies that confirm to preconceived outcomes expected by the "scientists" who issue grant money. My hope is to see all NSF money eliminated except those grants that does directly study disease prevention and food safety. The crap that they give grant money to study is truly sickening. Rachel Carson got DDT banned and over 1,000,000 people a year in Africa have died ever year since. Read on junkscience.com about all the "scientific evidence" she presented to get this done.
I never trust anyone who drives a Prius, has save the ------ on their car bumper or visual world peace. AND on the subject of Prius drivers. You are the phoniest people I have ever seen(except Hollywood). While driving (2) years with a coach/toad, 25,000 miles all over America, I have NEVER passed a Prius. I always go 60 mph and they pass me every time going 65-75MPH. EVERY TIME. If they were so conservation conscious,wouldn't they be driving 50-55 mph. I am a full timer with no other home. My carbon footprint is 50% of their Prius and 2,000-3,000 sq ft home. My tree hugging SIL drives a $45,000 gas guzzling Yuppie mini van and lives in a 3,000 sq ft MD home. I was a conservationist(not capitalism hating environmentalist) before it was cool. Screw the 60's hippies.

NAVYBLUE
Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #88

All you have to say is CARB....
Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
SEC Charges Seven in Global Warming Pump-and-Dump Scheme

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011-46

Washington, D.C., Feb. 18, 2011 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a group of seven individuals who perpetrated a fraudulent pump-and-dump scheme in the stock of a sham company that purported to provide products and services to fight global warming.

The story.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeaux View Post
SEC Charges Seven in Global Warming Pump-and-Dump Scheme

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2011-46

Washington, D.C., Feb. 18, 2011 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a group of seven individuals who perpetrated a fraudulent pump-and-dump scheme in the stock of a sham company that purported to provide products and services to fight global warming.

The story.
That's what I'm saying nothing but a big ripoff.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #91

Global Warming Protest

Here's what they say about Al Gore
Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo16720 View Post
Global Warming Protest

Here's what they say about Al Gore

Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #93

The Global Warming People Have been at it a long Time! I suppose they are like the politicians. They think if they proclaim it often enough people will finally accept a farce as fact.

Abraham Lincoln said "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

I guess everyone has to figure out which group they belong to.

The following article was posted in the Washington Post. (Please read to the end.

The Washington Post

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.
__________________________________________________ __

Oops! Never mind. This report was from November 2, 1922 , as reported by the Associated Press and published in the Washington Post - 88 years ago! (end of article)

Life is a fantastic voyage if you can ignore the doomsayers!

rops
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #94

Tiffin Owners Club
It's snowing in San Fran for the first time in 35 years.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #95

Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=I never trust anyone who drives a Prius, has save the ------ on their car bumper or visual world peace. AND on the subject of Prius drivers. You are the phoniest people I have ever seen(except Hollywood). While driving (2) years with a coach/toad, 25,000 miles all over America, I have NEVER passed a Prius. I always go 60 mph and they pass me every time going 65-75MPH. EVERY TIME. ................ Screw the 60's hippies.

NAVYBLUE[/QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!!!! I actually have passed a Prius. Once. But usually see the same thing, those little buggers blowing by me while I drive the speed limit or less.
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #96
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrobinryan View Post
I LOVE IT!!!! I actually have passed a Prius. Once. But usually see the same thing, those little buggers blowing by me while I drive the speed limit or less.
What's even worse then a Prius passing you above the speed limit is a Smart Car passing while you are doing 75+ (tho not with my 5er attached)

YouTube - Mercedes C vs smart fortwo - Crash test compatibilità IIHS, Sicurauto.it
Old 02-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #97
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeaux View Post
It's snowing in San Fran for the first time in 35 years.
Okay, that cinches it, Global Warming is true!!!!

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #98
a k

Newmar Owners Club
You think we are screwed up?

Watch these >Australian Greens