Significant Others (SO) are - at the same times - the most pleasurable mates
one can travel with and the most frustrating humans alive
. This goes in both directions; I'm NOT playing male chauvinist!
: My wife and two puppies (and me included) just returned from a fantastic three week trip from Yellowstone to Washington state and south on Hwy 101 and 1 to our home in San Diego. For the most part, everything was w o n d e r f u l.
But where things unraveled-at-the-ends was when I had her sit in the driver's seat (my sole place of authority
) and watching me at the rear, hooking up and checking out our toad (traditionally her area
It seems that within our species, there are multiple interpretations as to what hand gestures mean. As an example: When checking the electrical connections to our toad for turn signals and the rest while standing to the rear of the toad, pointing to the left means "Left Turn Signal" and pointing to the right means "Right Turn Signal." Moving your hangs in a forwardly direction means "Move Forward" to check the unlocking of the gears in the toad so that it can safely be towed.
While this all seems simple, complications can ensue and additional hand gestures
can be used to express one's discontent!!!!
So, in an effort to create a list of obvious and not so obvious Hand Signals, I'd like to begin with ours (mine) and ask you who also use them, add your's (again, this is for either SO. No mater what your relationship is at the beginning of your road trip):
1. Pointing to the right - Right Turn Signal
2. Pointing to the left - Left Turn Signal
3. Both hands motioning forward - SLOWLY Give The HM Gas And Move Forward
4. Both hands up, palms facing to SO - STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Both hands on your hips - What The Hell Were You Thinking!!!
6. Head bowed in a downwardly fashion - some times shacking to the right and left and one (or both in extreme situations) hands on your head - I Just Can't Believe You Did That
7. Simply standing there with your head tilted slightly to one side - REALLY!! That's What You THOUGHT I Ment
After almost 20 years of traveling with my wife, you cannot imagine some of the unprintable gestures
we sercumed to.
Well, that should start us off on this thread of Hand Gestures. Please provide your own. And KEEP SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!