Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Happy Anniversery Willa.....

THE MOTORCYCLE RIDE.....
Willa and I just celebrated our forth wedding anniversary and I asked her what she would like as a ''gift'' for that celebration. She said she would like to go ride a motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
I went down to the Harley shop in Statesville and picked out a red one with a back rest and a ''sissie bar'' for her comfort. It should be understood that I use to ride motorcycles a long time ago. I have actually ridden across this great nation twice on a motorcycle. I was a lot younger and tougher then. I have ridden our wonderful Blue Ridge Parkway more times than I can remember. For those of you not familiar with the Blue Ridge Parkway, it a wonderful scenic road along the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains thru Va and Nc. It has some of the most beautiful overlooks and turn offs you can find anywhere and I highly recommend you travel it in your coach and enjoy its beauty. ….
Anyhow, Thursday morning we packed the duffel bag with a bottle of water, Darvocet, a blanket, nose spray, Klenex, her hair brush, aspirin, the house keys and my phone and ''watered the puppies real good'', locked the house and hit the trail for adventure. It is about 37 miles from our house to the Parkway and we were full of laughter and adventure and I was showing Willa how to ''lean when I lean'' because she had never ridden a motorcycle before. Riding was a totally new adventure for her and she seemed to ''love it '' to start with.
''How you doin' back there Willa girl?''
''Loving it but this seat is not the most comfortable thing in the world but I will get use to it''...
We stopped for gas and Willa got off and walked around while I filled the tank. She was kinda stretching and walking and getting everything back where it should be.
We got back on and turned on the Parkway. We rolled along about 25 or 30 m.p.h. Just feeling the mountain air and enjoying the scenery. Occasionally Willa would ''wiggle'' around a bit and ''adjust'' to the seat and the backrest. On the bridge approaches there is usually a ''bump'' and the first one I went over I heard a ''grunt'' from the back seat.
''You ok girlie?''
''Yeah, but lets avoid those bumps if possible''
''You still havin fun?''
''Oh yeah, wonder if we should look into buying one of these bikes for our very own?''
We ambled on south on the parkway. After about ten miles I could feel Willa doing some serious ''adjusting'' behind me. She suggested that the Brown Mountain overlook was coming up and we should stop for a minute and look around. I said ok and we pulled into the overlook. I let her get off first and believe me it took some effort on her part. She finally got both feet on the ground and started hobbling around. I kicked the side stand down and wallowed off the bike. It was amazing that our fannies were asleep from the vibration and our feet were pretty numb from the unfamiliar setting positions. We walked around getting everything ''working'' again.
''You think if I sat on the blanket my seat would be a bit more comfortable?''
''It cant hurt hun”..... we got the blanket out of the duffel bag and kinda folded it into a pillow for her. We each took a Darvoset and some nose spray.
''When we get one of these bikes lets get a more comfortable seat on it. My fannie is too big for this one.''.......
We hit the trail for more fun and adventure. Ten miles further Willa informed me that ''When we get our own bike lets get one with a better back rest on it. This one was kinda grinding into her back and in five more miles she asked if you could get a bike with adjustable foot pegs because, on this bike, her feet were in an uncomfortable position.
In three more miles she asked that when we get our bike we should get one with a longer seat because she felt crowded up against me and in two more miles she commented that when we got our bike we should get one with a taller windshield because bugs were hitting her in the face and in one more mile she yelled.... ''STOP''........''I gotta walk around again''.......
We stopped for lunch and we really took our time in the restaurant because the booth was nice and soft and the a.c. Felt wonderful. We kinda decided that maybe we should ''make the turn'' and head back toward home because the dogs were sure to miss us by now. Two rest stops later we were off the Parkway and heading down the mountain for home when we saw a ''black cloud'' ahead and we stopped at a service station for more gas and a soda.
''When we get our bike lets be sure to get rain suits''.....
We waited out the rain storm sitting on the porch of a gas station. The storm blew thru with a refreshing rain shower. The sun popped out and we loaded up for home. Three miles down the mountain we found the rain storm again.
''When we get our bike, lets look into getting one with a windshield wiper on a taller windshield, and a top for shade and to keep out the rain and a bigger, softer seat with a taller back rest and more comfortable foot pegs and better shocks and all the stuff on the Benz convertible sitting in the garage at home instead of riding along, drowning in the rain storm with bugs in my teeth and my fanny dead asleep.''
I think it is safe to say that we probably will not be buying a motorcycle in the near or far future.
I returned the bike the next day and Willa stayed home in the ''jet tub'' trying to revive her body from all the aches and pains and trying to get her ''fannie'' awake again.......
''Happy Anniversary baby girl''
Next year lets drive the Bentley up to the parkway, take the puppies and a picnic basket and celebrate anniversary number five .........lol............
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! The miracles of a GEL seat.

And Happy Anniversary to both of you.

Stick with the motorhome.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote