Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Help! Fridge won't Explode

My next pet peeve is the bizarre array of meaningless or misleading titles that are used on this forum. Here's a few gems:

New to RVing. Help!!!

Batteries??

We did it!!!

Jack
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm View Post
my next pet peeve is the bizarre array of meaningless or misleading titles that are used on this forum. Here's a few gems:

New to rving. Help!!!

Batteries??

We did it!!!

Jack
??????????????????????????????????????what???????? ?????????????????
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Folks that are newcomers to RVs and especially the non-technical types have a difficult time trying to come up with a meaningful title for a thread. They also have a problem describing what the "what-ya-ma-callit" does.

I enjoy helping the new folks and try to get them on the same wave length that we operate. Remember that every one was a beginner at some point.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well since you said "help my fridge won't explode" I assume you wish to make your fridge explode

You will need

Some C-4, half an ounce should do

Some wires

Remove the interior light, hook wires to where it used to be, stick other end of wires in C-4, put in fridge, close door and turn on fridge, next time you open door BOOM, it will explode... With luck they will find enough of your to bury

NOTE: DO NOT TRY THIS

Note 2: I left one thing out
Old 06-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Well since you said "help my fridge won't explode" I assume you wish to make your fridge explode

You will need

Some C-4, half an ounce should do

Some wires

Remove the interior light, hook wires to where it used to be, stick other end of wires in C-4, put in fridge, close door and turn on fridge, next time you open door BOOM, it will explode... With luck they will find enough of your to bury

NOTE: DO NOT TRY THIS

Note 2: I left one thing out
I read your post and thought it could also solve my problem. I hate when someone else uses the toilet in our Coach. I thought I could also set up our toilet to explode. I purchased the reccomended supplies and I wired the explosives to the seat so the next person that used it would set off the explosion.

With my advancing age and possible Dementia, I waited a while and wouldn't you know it, I was the next person to use the toilet.

Well, as you can see from my Avitar the results were not pretty. I thought I might have mis-read your post and made an error, so I went back and read it again. I see that at the end of your post you placed a note "DO NOT TRY THIS".

Might I suggest that in the future, you place such notes at the beginning of the post rather than the end. Just for those oif us that never read to the end of any post.

Thanking you in advance!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Interesting, how the person complaining about bad, improper, nondescript, and misleading titles, post's just such a title.
Congrats Jack... Thats like I might do.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackm View Post
My next pet peeve is the bizarre array of meaningless or misleading titles that are used on this forum. Here's a few gems:

New to RVing. Help!!!

Batteries??

We did it!!!

Jack
What a bewildering post.
Everyone of those post titles makes good topic sense to me.
Dry humour is without comparison even when its a little wet i guess.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
What a bewildering post.
Everyone of those post titles makes good topic sense to me.
Dry humour is without comparison even when its a little wet i guess.

{Dry humor} Isn't that what you add to the fuel tank to keep the moisture in check???
Nubie

Trueblue
Trueblue R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
As they say, if you have to explain it...you've already blown it. I'll try to keep the next one a little more mainstream. I think I need a drink

Jack.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
. . . I was the next person to use the toilet.

Well, as you can see from my Avitar the results were not pretty.
Jim, I had no idea the amount of work and trouble you went to just to change your avatar for me! Now I'm really impressed! Thank you VERY much.