<span class="ev_code_BLUE">"Good Old Days"
1. Sleep on the shelf in your closet.
2. Replace the closet door with a curtain.
3. Six hours after you go to sleep, have your wife whip open the curtain,
shine a flashlight in your eyes, and mumble "Sorry, wrong rack."
4. Renovate your bathroom. Build a wall across the middle of your bathtub and
move the shower head down to chest level.
5. When you take showers, make sure you shut off the water while soaping.
6. Every time there is a thunderstorm, go sit in a wobbly rocking chair and rock as
hard as you can until you're nauseous.
7. Put lube oil in your humidifier instead of Water and set it to "High" for that
ship board smell.
8. Don't watch TV except movies in the middle of the night. Have your family vote on which movie to watch, and then show a different one.
9. (Mandatory for ex-engineering types) Leave lawnmower running in your living room 24- hours a day for proper noise level.
10. Have the paper boy give you a haircut.
11. Once a week blow compressed air up through your chimney making sure the wind carries the soot across and on to your neighbor's house. Laugh at him when he curses you.
12. Buy a trash compactor and only use it once a week, Store up garbage in the other
side of your bathtub.
13. Wake up every night at midnight and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on stale
bread, if anything. (Optional: Canned ravioli or cold soup)
14. Make up your family menu a week ahead of time without looking in your food cabinets or refrigerator.
15. Set your alarm clock to go off at random times during the night. When it goes off, jump out of bed and get dressed as fast as you can, then run out into your yard and break out the garden hose.
16. Once a month take every major appliance completely apart and then put them back together.
17. Use 18 scoops of coffee per pot and allow it to sit for 5 or 6 hours before drinking.
18. Invite at least 85 people you don't really like to come and visit for a couple of months.
19. Have a fluorescent lamp installed on the bottom of your coffee table and lie under it to read books.
20. Raise the thresholds and lower the top sills on your front and back doors so that you either trip on the threshold or hit your head on the sill every time you pass through them.
21. Lock wire the lug nuts on your car.
22. When making cakes, prop up one side of the pan while it is baking. Then spread icing really thick on one side to level off the top.
23. Every so often, throw your cat into the swimming pool, shout "Man Overboard, ship Recovery!", run into the kitchen and sweep all the pots/pans/dishes off the counter onto the floor, then yell at your wife for not having the place "stowed for sea."
24. Put on the headphone from your stereo (don't plug them in). Go and stand in front
of your stove. Say (to nobody in particular) "Stove manned and ready." Stand there for
three or four hours.
25. Say (once again to nobody in particular) "Stove secured. " Roll up the headphone cord and Put them away.