Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
I must be getting old

I must be getting old because some things that never bothered me seem to make me shed tears very easily.
Example...... the other day I was over to the Mall getting Willa a Christmas present and I saw a young man in desert camo and a barrette. He was walking along looking in windows and when he turned around I saluted him smartly and it was then that I noticed that his left hand was missing. It was all I could do to talk but I thanked him for his service to my country as I shook hands with him. He asked me if I was ok and I said sure but inside I was coming apart like a cheap watch in a washing machine. I managed to hold it together until he left and I sneaked in the bathroom and washed my face to hid the tears.
If I go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the changing of the guard I better carry tissue cause it really gets to me. Arlington will do the same thing. I can touch the crosses and come all apart like that cheap watch...
I can read articles on here and sometimes they really hit home to me.
I can hear about our ''youngest and finest'' getting killed over in the ''sand box'' and it really gets to me and it is not possible for me to watch a military funeral on tv without getting upset.

Someone help me with this. Am I the only one that this bothers. Am I the only ''Fully Grown'' man that will shed a tear over something like this.

I guess I am just getting old ..........

God bless our troops and bring them home safe and real soon ....
Thanks Vets for my freedom ....

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
Seajay, I have to admit that I too get bothered by things like.

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Every time I hear TAPS I tear up.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
A real man has emotions and cares for others.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Perhaps it's because we've learned what's really important in life.
1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Your not getting old seajay, just more awake.
I spent two weeks in the Portland VA hospital a couple of months ago, I cried almost everyday to see our children maimed for what I can only see as a useless war.
The other day they (CNN) showed some statistics about the war in the "Sand Box" and they claimed the pentigon said in the 10 years our children have been there that there has been no forward progress or improvement.
That made me cry
Don't pray for a blessing--Pray to be a blessing.
2006 Holiday Rambler Endavor 40 footer
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Amen my brother. I compare it to trying to ''stack clouds with a pitchfork on a windy day''. I know we cant be political on here but it seems to me that we are just ''shoveling smoke'' over there and if we ''Win''........ What the Hay have we won?........... there are no roads, no running water, no phones, no electricity, no sewer and mostly no nothing except ak 47's... Perhaps in ten generations they will be up to the ''stone age'' maybe. Enough said before I get censored ...
later .......guys .....
Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I sit here this morning, newspaper on my lap with tears in my eyes. The front page has a night time picture of a lighted front porch displaying with pride our Stars and Stripes and what appears to be an Army Engineer Battalion flag.

What makes it special and really hits hard is these flags are hung with pride by a father who lives less than a mile away who lost his son last Sunday.

US Army Spec. Dale J Kridlo 33, was due to come home from Afghanistan before Christmas, instead gave up his life for our freedom.

God Bless All That Serve !

Paul & Carol NE Pennsylvania
2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit 33' Our RV Travels
FMCA F410021 Friends Of Angel Bus Chapter VP
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
Seajay let me say you are not alone. I for one know what you are going thru.
oldfart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well Paul, You got me again .......''BOOM'' right between the eyes.... Yep,,,,, That one hit home like a wet baseball out of a cannon.
I want it know that I have never been a ''peacenick'' I have never used the ''sign of the footprint of the American chicken'' and probably never will. I have been a Navy Veteran and damn proud of my service to this country and I have always supported our government and our troops though I have sometimes questioned exactly ''WHY'' we are doing what we are doing and where we are doing it. More and more I say ''WHY'' are we there and what do we hope to achieve over there. The hard part is ''HOW THE HECK WE GONNA KNOW WHEN WE HAVE WON?'' and ''exactly what will we have won in the victory?''
I know Mr Admin...... I am getting over the line on this but if I have to cry for one more K.I.A. connected to this I may just explode.....
Nuff said before i get kicked in the pants......

Im done.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Great post, SeaJay! On a personal note, yesterday the Mesa-Buckhorn Ellks Lodge had a float in the Mesa Veterans Day Parade. I had the honor of riding on it with 2 WWII vets. One of them joined the 1st Cav. before the war & received a battlefield commission at the Battle of the Bulge. Both had fascinating stories. My best friend, Mike, is a Viet Nam vet with a Purple Heart built the float as well as rode on it. What a great day!!

Neil, Joanne, & Mike
Groucho & Shadow the Cats
grayelk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Seajay, When I see things like you describe I cry big tears, and lots of them. If someone should find humor in that I will twist their head off and crap in thier neck. Semper Fi
haulinhazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Fleetwood Owners Club
Note to ''Haulinhazmat'' I think this is why I like Marines even though I was a Sailor.
One. Marines have a certain way of saying things that make sense.
Two. Marines usually have a fairly small vocabulary and they have a tendency to use just a few words to make a point that is easily understood by all who hear...
Three. I especially like the part about ''Twisting off their head and craping down their neck.'' This is easily understood by all who read it and it is direct and to the point without fanfare and in typical Marine fashion.
Four.... Semper Fi my brother Marine and it would take a pure damn fool to ''Make fun of a Marine'' in any situation. Even Sailors know that.

God bless you for your service to this great nation.
God bless our troops and bring them home real soon and very safe please
God bless our vets for their service and sacrifice to this great nation.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Ford Super Duty Owner
the WALL seems to hit me the hardest
another source of pride for me is my american legion
sponsers a drill team at 2 grade schools wnen i instruct these kids
i see future heros with parade rifles and all. Give a 4th grader a parade rifle
and the future and pride shines thru

just liven life in east tn or where ever our
2011 georgetown ,2012 explorer and 02 tbird take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote