Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #1

It doesn't pay to be curious...

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were taking a little trip in the motorhome, and I discovered we'd forgotten to bring along my medications. I called my doctor and she said she'd send off a prescription to a hospital pharmacy along our route.

Later that day, we arrived at the hospital, but driving a 31' motorhome kinda precludes finding a close in parking spot. Well, my wife dropped me off close, but still a bit of a walk, to the front entrance. I told her I'd give her a call on her cell when ready to be picked up.

Anyway, as I was walking towards the entrance, I could hear a low murmur of multiple voices, repeating the number "5", over and over again. "5,5,5,... The voices were coming from behind a wooden fence, next to the hospital. I found out later, the fence surrounds an outdoor recreation area for, shall we say, "disturbed" patients.

Well, I picked up my prescription and was walking out, this time as I neared the fence, I could hear the same voices murmuring... "6,6,6...". Curiosity got the better of me, I just had to know what this all meant... so, I began looking for an opening in order to look into this area behind the fence.

Finally, I spotted a knot hole... I also noticed the murmuring was at it's loudest, just on the other side of the fence, right at the hole. I lean over, put my eye to the knot hole and recoil in astonishment and pain!

I yelled "Ouch!", jumped back, to see a dirty finger sticking out of the hole where my eye had just been! And then I heard it... "7,7,7...".

I never told the wife why my eye was so red...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unca waldo View Post
A couple of years ago, my wife and I were taking a little trip in the motorhome, and I discovered we'd forgotten to bring along my medications. I called my doctor and she said she'd send off a prescription to a hospital pharmacy along our route.

Later that day, we arrived at the hospital, but driving a 31' motorhome kinda precludes finding a close in parking spot. Well, my wife dropped me off close, but still a bit of a walk, to the front entrance. I told her I'd give her a call on her cell when ready to be picked up.

Anyway, as I was walking towards the entrance, I could hear a low murmur of multiple voices, repeating the number "5", over and over again. "5,5,5,... The voices were coming from behind a wooden fence, next to the hospital. I found out later, the fence surrounds an outdoor recreation area for, shall we say, "disturbed" patients.

Well, I picked up my prescription and was walking out, this time as I neared the fence, I could hear the same voices murmuring... "6,6,6...". Curiosity got the better of me, I just had to know what this all meant... so, I began looking for an opening in order to look into this area behind the fence.

Finally, I spotted a knot hole... I also noticed the murmuring was at it's loudest, just on the other side of the fence, right at the hole. I lean over, put my eye to the knot hole and recoil in astonishment and pain!

I yelled "Ouch!", jumped back, to see a dirty finger sticking out of the hole where my eye had just been! And then I heard it... "7,7,7...".

I never told the wife why my eye was so red...
Now this would be even funnier if they were saying four then poked you in the eye (cant resist the golf thing)