Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
This may have already been stated in this thread I apologize if it has been BUT. My mother and I where having this same "kids got it too easy these days" discussion. She was probably 80 at the time which would make me about 50. I told her that in reality we had it good when we where kids in the 50s and she in the 30s, kids today have difficult life decisions to make regarding booze, drugs, sex, gangs, bullying, peer pressure, and other life choices that she had never had to face in her lifetime. To my mind I had it easy and so did my mother. We never knew what we didn't have but we had very little pressure.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
This may have already been stated in this thread I apologize if it has been BUT. My mother and I where having this same "kids got it too easy these days" discussion. She was probably 80 at the time which would make me about 50. I told her that in reality we had it good when we where kids in the 50s and she in the 30s, kids today have difficult life decisions to make regarding booze, drugs, sex, gangs, bullying, peer pressure, and other life choices that she had never had to face in her lifetime. To my mind I had it easy and so did my mother. We never knew what we didn't have but we had very little pressure.

I think you are right on. I was raised on a farm in central Missouri and went to a one room country school with no indoor plumbing. It was two miles away and we had to walk. And it really was uphill both ways. We played outside all the time and drugs, sex, gangs, never really exposed to them. When I was 17 my parents moved to Calif. Culture shock.

Kids now have alot of things to deal with. When I tell my grandkids these things, they look at me like I am crazy.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Amen to that!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #46

I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe Bethancourt many years ago. He had a show he put on in the back room of Funny Fellows Pizza shop, in Phoenix Az. He plays all the intruments you see in the background of the video, plus about two dozen more.