Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #15
Years ago, on the way home from work, while wearing dress shirt, slacks and a necktie, I did not switch gas tanks quickly enough when the engine started stumbling. The Jeep pickup died and after the tank lever was switched it turned out the battery wouldn't start the truck. This is at about 5:15 PM and all the "good people" would drive by, look, and just keep going.
Finally, a motorcyclist (on a Harley) came over the hill and slowed to a stop. The bike had "apehanger" handle bars, the biker wore only a leather vest on his upper torso, leather pants, biker hat, and the usual beard and long hair.
His first question was what can I help you with? I told him my battery wouldn't turn over the truck engine. He offered me a ride to my house so I could get my car.

Looks can be deceiving. The so-called "nice" people wouldn't even stop! This Harley biker would have scared the crap out of most of those so-called "nice" people.

NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #16
Another one. We were eight miles back in the woods, camping at Black Lake in Wisconsin, after traversing some of the roughest gravel roads to get there , so bad I thought the cabinets on the walls were going to shake off. On our last day, while I was starting the grill I heard two big motorcycles go by our site. I knew they would have to come back around by us because the road was on a loop. When they came into sight I stepped out into the road, holding up two cans of beer. When they stopped and put down their kickstands I said: "Anyone that would ride eight miles in here on a motorcycle on these roads NEEDS a beer!" (this incident occurred while the Hells Angels were up in Hayward, not very far away) These two guys weren't HA, but when I stood on the picnic table seat (I'm 5'11") we were eye to eye.
One had Native American tattooed on his shoulder--all in one line(he rode the big Harley)! The other was just as big, but he rode the biggest Norton I had ever seen.
They said this had never happened to them before. The Native American then wrote down his name, address, and phone number and said if we ever got up into his neck of the woods to call or stop and he would give us the biggest bag of walleye fillets we would ever see!

Treat everyone nice until they no longer should be treated nice.

NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #17

Nitehawk, I have a similar story. 15 years ago we moved into a very remote area in SW Oregon. Shortly after getting there my wife was walking the dog near our property and came across a very large, long haired, bearded, tattooed guy walking the road. My wife was really concerned but to make the long story short this Harley guy became one of our best friends. When we travel he takes care of our house. Yes, looks can be deceiving.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #18

Growing up in Washington State in the '70's, I seem to recall that there was a nice looking young man who drove a Volkswagen Beetle (although they called them bugs then) and often spoke to women in parking lots, malls, etc, Well educated, nicely dressed, slacks and tie, clean, presentable and polite as can be . . . I believe his name was Ted Bundy. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote