Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #1

Motorhome wreck

We are currently in Toad River BC Canada on our way to Alaska with 3 others in our little caravan, when this incident happened.

While kicked back reading a book at the RV park, I heard an ambulance siren coming up the road. It past by, but very quickly turned off its siren. A couple of minutes later, another ambulance did the same thing. So I put down my book and went to check it out. Up the road about a 1/4 mile, I could see a motorhome in the middle of the road. I walked up and could see a car in the road along with the motorhome and a police car with its lights on.

I walked around to the front of the motorhome and the left front had been badly damaged. On the car, the whole left side was damaged. Like the car had swerved back in and hit the corner of the MH.

My wife later had a discussion with the lady in the MH. She said they saw the car coming down the road partly in their lane. Her husband laid on the air horns and came to an almost complete stop before the woman driving the car saw them and swerved to keep from hitting them head on.

She later told the police officer that she was bent over, trying to unsnap her bra, because it was cutting into her and thus did not see the motorhome she was heading towards, and the lady riding with her was looking at a map and did not see that she had crossed over into the on coming lane.

This was the third attempt by the couple to get to Alaska. The first two was canceled due to health problems of the husband. They will now continue on in their toad and stay in motels.

There is a lesson in this for all you ladies out there. Never try and unsnap your bra while driving your car. Always let someone do it for you. .

I pray that the lady in the car will be all right and that the couple will not have anymore incidents on their trip to Alaska.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Grief
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Scottsdale... I read this part of your post with great interest- especially the bold print...
Quote:
We are currently in Toad River BC Canada on our way to Alaska with 3 others in our little caravan, when this incident happened....
....I pray that the lady in the car will be all right and that the couple will not have anymore incidents on their trip to Alaska.
My question to you... where was your wife and Jeep Liberty when this incident happened and how did your Jeep get wrecked!!??
Just Kidding... I do hope all people involved will be Okay

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

MM, here is a link to the thread that explains what happened to my Jeep. It was another long sad story.

Link:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/lost-...eep-52260.html

This trip has been eventful to say to least, but it is a fantastic trip. What beautiful countryside this is.

btw, for any of you smokers out there, here in Watson Lake, YT the price of a "pack" of cigarettes is $14.25. That would make them $142.50/carton. Glad I quit smoking 20 years ago. Everything is high priced here.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #5

Yeah, but that's $14.25 Canajun, not US, right?
Practically free
Old 06-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last time I was in Alaska ,57-58, BLT sandwich cost $5.25 no chips or FF's or pickle.
Wonder what it is now!!!
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Yeah, but that's $14.25 Canajun, not US, right?
Practically free
Correct, so it would be about $12.86 American. Cheap.