Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Forest River Owners Club
NOW It's Funny---Strange/Scary Noises

Here's a story that all newbies like us will like. We were getting used to our "New to us" diesel pusher, and were not having too many unexpected worries, but always noticed a strange sound(s) when driving thru traffic, or anytime at lower speeds. It sounded like something was not right mechanically and we were fearing the worse everytime. Just couldn't figure out what could be causing it. At highway speeds=no problems, so???? Then one day while it was driving us crazy, I had one of those "Wait, what will this do??" moments, and just turned down the rear camera system audio volume level. It was never touched since the day we bought the rig.....
Just had to pass that one on...............

Jim and Connie, Silver City, NM
2016 Rockwood Ultralite 2608WS
3 lb. Teacup Chihuahua on board
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

That's a good one. Just seems to me that those things are less than useless on DPs. We tried ours as newbies while backing into a site and DW had to yell so loud to be heard over it that I could hear her better through the window than over the speaker! It did provide some entertainment for our neighbors though I guess.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My first use of the rear view camera was backing into my driveway. I did turn the volume up. That's when I found out that WHOA! in Texan means STOP.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Radarman never let it be said that anyone can sneak an elephant past you in the daytime. You are really ''snart'' and I am proud of you....lol....
Dont feel bad. I once dragged the front tires off my GEO tracker because I forgot to unlock the steering on it. Me and Linda, my first wife, kept hearing a ''whining noise'' and could not find it. At a stoplite 30 miles down the road from the campground a lady told us that we might need to look at the Tracker front end. The tires were shredding off .............
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Pond Piggies Club
My wife and I use FRS to back the trailer in the driveway, hopefully missing the front porch, gas meter, neighbors fence, and the garage. And it works really well.....if.......and I mean if.........you remember to turn both radios on. If not, the garage will suffer a small amount of damage when you back into it, when you wife is on the radio telling you to stop, and your radio is off. Opps......:banghead :
R. "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge Diesel, 2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
VFW Life Member, NRA Endowment Member.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

DW and I have a system of hand signals and an agreement that if I can't see her hands motioning me to move... the coach stops until she does. She seems to get a twisted little pleasure out of controlling me with hand signals...

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Family Radio Service.. those little 5-20 mile walkie-talkies..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we got the Newmar we had finished the PDI and they parked it outside for us to drive home. I got in and when I shifted I got the loudest noise. I shut it off and the noise stopped. I did this about 3-4 times and every time I would put it in gear the noise was very loud. There was a crew doing some work in the dealers parking lot and that was when I realized I had sound on the backup camera. I had a camera in my previous MH but no sound. I would like a volume control a lot more conveniently placed than on the monitor.

1995 Roadtrek 19 Versatile
Dodge 318
1975 GMC Eleganza II
bsinmich is offline   Reply With Quote