Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Why not. My daughter tells me they have taken handwriting out of the Elementary School curriculum. What's next? Texting Classes?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #16

Kids that take their parent to job interviews.....
No longer keeping score in Jr soccer, now everyone is a winner....
Everybody gets a ribbon on sports day....
What happens when they hit the real world?

Old 08-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #17

Big city near me just lowers the graduation standards. Problem solved. Everyone gets a diploma. Teachers get pay bonus for doing such a great job. Currently there is a massive investigation of "cooking the books" in the school system to make the numbers look good so the teachers and administrators could receive juicy bonus pay.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Old 08-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #19

I got dumber watching that!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #20

But hey ... the original intent of a beauty contest was just, well ... fantastic good looks, great bod etc. Nobody intended for the contestants to arrive with a brain. Why all the tough questions? 😉

The ones that are doctoral candidates in theoretical physics never get as many votes as the blond that giggles when she admits that she can't do push-ups because her arms aren't long enough.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #21

MnTom,

Was it the "warm or hot water" on the windshield that troubled you?

That is actually true! If you pour hot water on really cold, cold object, sure it melts
some for a few seconds, but because of a little understood physics property that the difference in temperature between objects makes the water actually cool, and then freeze faster, than had you used simply cool water.

You will end up with a solid sheet of ice on your windshield. Now if the hot water had antifreeze mixed in, that is a different story.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
MnTom,

Was it the "warm or hot water" on the windshield that troubled you?

That is actually true! If you pour hot water on really cold, cold object, sure it melts
some for a few seconds, but because of a little understood physics property that the difference in temperature between objects makes the water actually cool, and then freeze faster, than had you used simply cool water.

You will end up with a solid sheet of ice on your windshield. Now if the hot water had antifreeze mixed in, that is a different story.
It was the whole thing actually. Everything they had on there is nothing but plain common sense. Are we as a society getting so dumb that we need people on TV to tell us how to clear the windshield?? I guess so according to them!
1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing, upgraded turbo, 2017 Forest River 365RK
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
It was the whole thing actually. Everything they had on there is nothing but plain common sense. Are we as a society getting so dumb that we need people on TV to tell us how to clear the windshield?? I guess so according to them!

People do seem to be getting dumber..... The Internet should be making people smarter, but people I see day to day, are just using the Internet for entertainment and not education !

When I was a teenager in school, I would have given my right arm to have a computer able to look up any information on earth, vs getting someone to drive me down to the library, and spend hours trying to find a book on the subject ! The kids today don't appreciate how good they got it !
Old 08-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #24

Just about all of the kids now a days don't even realize they have way more computing power in their phone than went to the moon!
1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing, upgraded turbo, 2017 Forest River 365RK
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
But hey ... the original intent of a beauty contest was just, well ... fantastic good looks, great bod etc. Nobody intended for the contestants to arrive with a brain. Why all the tough questions? 😉

The ones that are doctoral candidates in theoretical physics never get as many votes as the blond that giggles when she admits that she can't do push-ups because her arms aren't long enough.
So you too are a fan of Donald Trump?

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote