Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

P.E.T.T.A.

Had to chuckle when a driver came in wearing a t-shirt and on the back it read:

P.E.T.T.A.

People Eating
Those Tasty
Animals

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #2

I love animals. Next to the mashed potatoes on my plate.

dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Yah.. and I love cats if they are bbq'd with the right rub. Oh gosh.. did I say that?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There actually was a web site PETA.something, "people eating tasty animals"

However the animal rights terrorist group (And yes, they are a terrorist group) PETA made 'em take it down. Never mind it went up before their web site did, still made 'em take it down.

What's worse is PETA (the terrorist group) ... Bunch of people who truly do not have a clue as to how badly they are being mislead. not even close.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My favorite story about this terrorist org is them protesting outside CBS headquarters in New York after the first Survivor TV series showed the participants eating BBQed rats. Given the extent of the rat problem in NYC, it seems like a really bad choice of location to protest.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #6

PETA is not very nice. I have been sued by them. They settled for a dollar just to say they were right. Cost the taxpayers money for attorneys. Theirs was pro bono. They are at the rodeo I work at every year. They scream and blow horns during the national anthem and create havic.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #7

OK but what about the models who pose naked for PETA?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For your reading enjoyment the lyrics to a song..

First the opening stanza, then the URL for the rest:

We've got an animal liberationist in our lab,
In a cage behind the storage shelves in room one-seventeen.
He helps with our experiments, although he'd rather not,
But think of all the rodents that he's saving from those shots.
His cause was true, his heart was pure. He'd better hope we find the cure.

mudcat.org: Lyr Add: Biotech Fantasy

The Mudcat Cafe has a tone of ... Good song lyrics.. NOTE that though I've never sung this song.. I have sung in rooms where others sang it.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There actually was a web site PETA.something, "people eating tasty animals"

However the animal rights terrorist group (And yes, they are a terrorist group) PETA made 'em take it down. Never mind it went up before their web site did, still made 'em take it down.

What's worse is PETA (the terrorist group) ... Bunch of people who truly do not have a clue as to how badly they are being mislead. not even close.
I'm not sure how many of them are really mislead. PETA is a great example of a noble cause subverted by a bunch of teen-age thinking kooks.

Think about it. A tactic of teenagers to act outrageous. If a little outrageous doesn't illicit enough of the desired reaction, even more is attempted. The real purpose is completely lost in the desire to achieve the label of outrageous. No teenager is attempting such actions to "win hearts and minds."

PETA does the same thing. Do they protest for puppy mills? Nope. Where are they when the horses that they complained about being slaughtered in the US are sold to other countries who treat them even worse and still slaughter them? Nowhere. So animal rights and proper treatment of animals has become, for PETA, nothing more than a platform from which to execute outrageous behavior.

I do recognize that sometimes, in order to get people's attention, something unusual must be done. But the attention paid to PETA does not seem to result in any positive benefit for the animals about which they are protesting. I will keep an open mind on this for evidence presented which counters it. So far, no evidence.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfm11 View Post
I'm not sure how many of them are really mislead. PETA is a great example of a noble cause subverted by a bunch of teen-age thinking kooks.

Think about it. A tactic of teenagers to act outrageous. If a little outrageous doesn't illicit enough of the desired reaction, even more is attempted. The real purpose is completely lost in the desire to achieve the label of outrageous. No teenager is attempting such actions to "win hearts and minds."

PETA does the same thing. Do they protest for puppy mills? Nope. Where are they when the horses that they complained about being slaughtered in the US are sold to other countries who treat them even worse and still slaughter them? Nowhere. So animal rights and proper treatment of animals has become, for PETA, nothing more than a platform from which to execute outrageous behavior.

I do recognize that sometimes, in order to get people's attention, something unusual must be done. But the attention paid to PETA does not seem to result in any positive benefit for the animals about which they are protesting. I will keep an open mind on this for evidence presented which counters it. So far, no evidence.
A cogent observation; adolescents don't have the cognitive ability to see consequences to their actions that are readily apparent to adult minds.

An excellent case in point; animal rightists destroyed the horse slaughter industry in the USA (which had always established the base value of any horse in terms of meat value, much like the scrap value of a car). In this poor economy, unprecedented numbers of pet horses are being abandoned, left to starve or let out to wander when the previous owner hits hard times and finds there is nowhere they can sell or give away their erstwhile companion animal.

The horse rescue outfits are totally overwhelmed, and thousands of these poor horses face starvation and miserable death, all because of some ill-conceived but possibly well-intentioned legislation pushed by the so-called animal rightists.

Anyone familiar with horses and the horse industry could have predicted that outlawing horse slaughter would result in more misery for animals, not less.

But then I'm not convinced that these PETA types really like animals so much as they loathe themselves, their parents and other humans.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #11

They are like Planned Parenthood for animals.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #12

Amen senior chief
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
P.E.T.A. had trouble finding a place to protest last week so they went to England
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #14

They survive because of Left Turn donations.