Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #15

Kustom, officers get bored and lonely at 2 am. I had a North Dakota state trooper talk my ear off and act as a tour guide to the exciting places to see in western ND in the winter( think about that one for a second). I have his written warning framed at home for doing 83 in a 75 on Christmas Day.
Falfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A long while ago while I was living in Las Cruces, NM I enjoyed back backing in the Gila Wilderness in southwestern NM. On one trip I was driving west of Silver City about 11 pm or so along US 180. This can be a very deserted section of highway late at night, not another car in sight for last 10 – 15 minutes. Anyhow, in those days I drove a 1967 Plymouth station wagon with a ski rack on the roof. On this trip as most others I had my two Weimaraners in the back end laying on a blanket covering my camping gear. Stage set now.

A car comes up fast behind me and then slows down to match my speed, what the heck? The road is long, straight, dry and no traffic- why don’t you pass me??? We cruise along as a tandem driving team for a few minutes. At this point I’m noticing my headlights are getting dimmer and dimmer. I slow down to allow this guy to pass and he slows down to match my new speed. I continue slowing down, because now it’s getting hard to see with my fading headlights. Well I figure my choices are limited, so start to pull over on the shoulder along a long straight section, there’s a lot’s of that. I’ll just deal with what ever happens??? Anyhow at this point his red lights switch on. At least this might be better than some options late at night in the southwest. I know I had not been speeding and no traffic signals for the past 30-40 minutes, license plate good- so what?? As the officer comes up to my door, I see he’s US Border Patrol. He starts to explain why they pulled me over- that’s nice. Apparently, my old station wagon and a blanket covering the rear cargo area fit the profile for a coyote, one transporting illegal immigrants. But, the ski rack and the two large gray dogs did not fit the profile. So they couldn’t decide to pull me over or not for a long time. But, I made it easy for them. He politely asked what I was doing, and I explained the camping trip, gear and dog arrangement. That made him happy. At this point I decided to explain that I was having electrical problems. So all three of us popped the hood and spent the next 10 minutes trouble-shooting. We concluded that it was my alternator and since I had very little battery left to run headlights I asked them if they would serve as my headlights and lead me back eastward about 10 miles to a nearby campground. They happily agreed and with red lights going off we went as a tandem driving team again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led