Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #1

Pulled Over...

A cop pulled me over and while conducting the traffic stop thought my eyes looked red. He asked, "Have you been drinking?"

"Well of course not," was my reply. "However, your eyes looked glazed! Have you been eating donuts?" I asked.

We had a good hardy laugh...

Now I need bail money. Go figure.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2016, 06:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'll add that to my list;

Top ten things not to say when you get pulled over.

True story;

I once had a boss who's wife won a F150 at bingo. He was pulled over on his way home from picking up the truck. He was so excited that he told the officer, " You couldn't ruin my day if you tried. My wife just won this new truck."

He got a ticket for over $200. That's when I started my top 10 list.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
At a stop sign was an officer watching the intersection, so you know I was very deliberate in making sure I executed a complete stop.

He pulled me over for running the stop sign, which We knew was false.

He asked " how much have you had to drink, your eyes are red".

My wife responded from the passenger seat ..... "You have no right to pull us over because we saw you and stopped, and his eyes are red because he works long days"

I put my hands out the window, said please cuff me and take me away. He laughed, got in his car & drove off.

2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742
Old 09-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Some cops just have no sense or humor!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
Two young men get pulled over and the cop eats the driver out like a dog big time. Then he walks to the passenger side and taps on the window, the young man rolls down the window and said what, I wasn't doing anything wrong.
The cop pops him in the back of the head, the kid said whats that for?
He said that's for getting down the road two miles and telling your buddy you wished he would have talked to me that way!

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #6

My daghter and her friend were on a double date. The girls were riding in the back (bed) of a small pickup, old Toyota, Luv or whatever. The driver turned off his headlights while waiting for a train and forgot to turn them back on when the train cleared and got pulled over. After the officer gave a stern lecture to the driver, he turned his attention to the young ladies in the back and gave them some advice - - - "Drop these guys."
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #7

Many years ago a buddy was driving during pre-dawn to his work. There was a long straight-away on this lonely highway so he opened up his car. A state policeman caught up to him, stopped him and began with "do you know how fast you were going?". My buddy said "Yes sir I do, you don't think I drive like this all the time do you?" The policeman began laughing and said "well, slow that thing down to the speed limit" and walked back to his cruiser.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #8

I once had a right hand drive post office van that I used to deliver newspapers. I was pulled over one day and the cop went to the left side were my 14 year old son was and asked for his drivers license. My son informed the cop that I was on the right side while I leaned on the steering wheel and told the cop I was over here. The cop repeated his demand and my son and I went through the same routine. This time the cop got in my sons face and demanded his drivers license. I again leaned on the steering wheel which was in plane sight and rather forcefully informed the cop that I am driving on the right side of the truck.

You could see the light go on as he came around to the right side with a sheepish grin. I think he was too embarrassed to give me a ticket.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:56 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Driver slows down and almost stops bur rolls on thru. Cop pulls him over and the driver says what's the problem, I slowed down. Cop says you didn't stop. Guy says, Stop, slow down, what's the difference? Cop starts popping him on the head with a flash light. Now... do you want me to stop or slow down ?
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:46 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This was explained to me as an actual and factually told event, exactly as it had happened

I worked for a gal that moved to the Portland OR area from near Jacksonville FL. Finely cultured and well spoken Southern Lady in nearly all respects. I really enjoyed listening to her talk about nearly anything as she had a way of making things so backhandedly funny with her sharp wit and dark sense of humor.

She received a phone call from one of her sons friends that he had been badly injured at work and was on the way to the hospital in Miami. She jumped in her classic Mustang and took off, breaking nearly every traffic law she could without getting in a collision.

After a few miles on I95, a FL state trooper pulled her over. She told me she had no idea how fast she was going, but she was passing every car on the highway "(slow southern drawl) rather briskly". She looked in the mirror as the trooper stormed over to her passenger side window, and she had a little trouble getting the window down, but when she finally did, she smiled a broad friendly smile and said "Good afternoon, officer. What can I do for you?"

The trooper says in a very terse voice "Ma'am, I got you on radar going many miles per hour over the speed limit, so I just had to stop you to ask you one question."

She replies "Yes sir. Anything to help out an officer of the law."

He very angrily asks her "Can I please see your pilot's license!?!?"

She says, still smiling broadly, "Of course officer, it's right here in my purse!" and quickly retrieves it for him. She was a licensed private and commercial aircraft pilot who had recently retired from (a large well known international package and freight company with a name that made some folks think they were a government agency for a short while) and had just moved from Memphis to Jacksonville earlier in the week to be closer to family.

She did not get a ticket.

I do hope it was a true story.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:52 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I got pulled over on route 36 in the middle of Missouri by a very young local officer that was sitting in the median. I was not speeding, or doing anything wrong, and was in my 1996 Holiday Rambler Vacationer class A MH with Arizona reg. and plates. So, no front plate, and I saw him pull out of the median when we went by, and he got right on the rear of the MH, followed me for a mile or so, then pulled me over! The young officer came up to the door, on the pass. side, and I opened it, and the step came out and cracked him on the shin! I thought, oh no, this is not starting off very well, he ask for the reg., insurance, and my license, I said OK? Got them for him and ask why he stopped me? He then said, he ran the plate when he was following me and it came back as a Chevy? And he could not see anywhere on the back that said Chevy? I laughed out loud pretty hard, and told him that this MH was built on a Chevy chassis, by Holiday Rambler, and the model was Vacationer! Then I explained to him that all MH's were built on a different manufactures chassis, and they were all this way! His face turned very red,, as he was embarrassed, and he handed me back my papers, and told me he was sorry that he stopped me! I then told him, not a problem, glad he was on the job, and don't worry about it! Rail!
Old 09-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Driver slows down and almost stops bur rolls on thru. Cop pulls him over and the driver says what's the problem, I slowed down. Cop says you didn't stop. Guy says, Stop, slow down, what's the difference? Cop starts popping him on the head with a flash light. Now... do you want me to stop or slow down ?
Now that's funny!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
pulled over

true story
we got pulled over about 1.30 - 2 am on the interstate buy not one
but two state troopers the one comes up to the window and ask me
if i known how fast i was going i said 100 he looked at me and asked
again how fast i was going and i said 100 then it hit me and i said we
are from costa rica and 100 kph was normal and we just got to miami
showed him our plane tickets passports and rental car papers ect.
he went and talked to the other trooper came back and said welcome
to the us but we drive in mph and to keep it at 55 mph
ps. he said we were honest when asked and that's why he did not give
us a ticket
note. that am there were no cars at all on road
Old 09-04-2016, 11:59 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
That's called a fishing trip, in LEO speak. You were the only fish in the pond at 2 am so....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led