Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Ramblings of a retiree

RAMBLINGS OF A RETIREE

I found this timely, because today I was in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walks over to me and asks, "what brings you in today?"

I looked at her, and said, I'm interested in buying a refrigerator. She didn't quite know how to respond. Am I getting to be that age?

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse. I can't afford one. So I'm wearing my garage door opener.

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people didn't like me anyway.

I was thinking that women should put pictures of missing husbands on beer cans!

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.

I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and call it 'Pumping Rust'.

When people see a cat's litter box they always say, 'Oh, have you got a cat?'

Just once I want to say, 'No, it's for company!'

Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency.

I think you should write, 'An ambulance.'

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older.

Then it dawned on me. They were cramming for their finals. As for me, I'm just hoping God grades on the curve.

The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs...'

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Great way to finish the day!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #3

In those infamous words, "Oh Good Grief!"
Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

That's too funny......It seems that all these specialty type stores either hire or instruct their salespeople to act like you are shopping in an upscale store and ask stupid questions like that. We walked into a store that only sold couches and got the same question, "What brings you in here today" and my wife replied, "oh we're looking for a TV". The saleslady really didn't even know what to say other than "yeah I guess that was a silly question". Then my Wife felt bad. Another time we were just browsing through the mall and I walked into The Sharper Image store, another one of those stores where they can't just leave you alone and let you look, and everything is way over priced. Of course the sales guy ran up to me and asked "What brings you in here today" and I answered "My Feet". He then said "yeah I get that all the time". I asked him why he keeps asking the question and he said "they make us and I always feel stupid asking".
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote