Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

Rules of rural saskatchewan

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.
Turn your cap straight, your head isn't crooked.
Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of my way.
They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? Hwy 1 goes east and west, Hwy 6 goes north and south. Pick one and leave.
So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $395,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
So every person in rural Saskatchewan waves. It's called 'being friendly, try to understand the concept.
If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
Yeah, we eat meat and potatoes. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.
The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer hunting season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
We open doors for ladies. That is applied to all ladies, regardless of age.
There's little here for 'vegetarians' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick offthe 2 pounds of ham & turkey.
Our meals have three main dishes: meat, vegetables and potatoes. We use three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.
You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.
You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck and have long hair.
15. SaskatchewanHockey League and Minor Hockey is as important here as the Calgary Flames and the EdmontonOilers and more fun to watch.
16. We have more golf courses per capita than anywhere else in the world. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.
17. 3 inches of snow & ice isn't a blizzard - it's a vacation. The pickups with snow blades and tractors with snow blowers will have you out the next day.

A true Saskatchewanian will send this on!!!

Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
he he he... I love this.

SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Ahh!! My Heritage. At least now I know why I feel that way even if my ancestors couldn't handle the cold winters and left for Oregon. Visit Preeceville , Headwaters of the Assiniboine. Preeceville turned 100 in 2012!
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote