Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:04 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rusty...you did not look like you had a ruffled feather on your body. So cooooool.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #16
Nor'easters Club
I think what caused my negative reaction was that it sounded like it was all one sided. Sounds like in your family it goes both ways. That's great! (How easy it is to take things out of context on these groups.)

BTW. Good one on the alarm. Should have had it on camcorder. Peace.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Great-Dane:
No hard feelings!

I love a good time but never at the cost of upsetting or hurting someone else. Family is grounded and knows how to laugh at ourselves. Trying to get my parents and siblings to join the forums too (they all camp). Sent them the link so sure sooner or later you will hear some of the stupid things I fell for as well. No need to bring those up until then..

Definately look forward to conversing more down the road in the forums. Perhaps one day our paths will cross and we can look back and laugh as well!

Rich & Kay
'89 Son, '97 Daughter
'17 Flagstaff 8528IKWS, '14 Silverado
camper1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #17
A three bro-in-law camping weekend trip which included a day long bicycle ride was capped by a handshake which went down in family history.

Two of us had camped often, but the third one was a newbie, so us "old timers" agreed that it would be fitting to "welcome" him into the clan.

Well, it was decided that I would be the photographer and my main man chose a nice country road with flowers and cows as a background and the two of them were posing and there was a short speech which ended when they shook hands, and at the same time my old timer bro-in-law grabbed the electric fence!
The Roadrunner

2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:37 AM   #18
Bob and Lois, Snowbirds!

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:17 AM   #19
Hi Bob, loved your pranks and want to tell you about how I got my father in law to quit.

He was a chain smoker and would just lite up when and where ever he happened to be. I had quit some years before and one day he showed up for dinner at our house in Concord CA, (yep just over the hill from you) and sat down on the couch and lit up. We did not smoke and had no ash trays in the house anywere to be found but he lit up and then said "wheres the ash tray?'

I pulled out a small stainless steel saled bowl and handed it to him. He smoked about 8 or 9 cigs before dinner and then we went to the table. I took his bowl and dumped the butts out and washed the bowl and served his salad in it. He took a couple of bites of salad then said "oh you have a whole set of these" I replyed "nope, thats the only one" He did not finish his salad and never smoked in our house again. Never said boo about the incident and stoped smoking several months later.

Still get a chuckle out of that one when we relate it around the table, (without him there of course. He is now 89 and still kicking.

1st Response Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
Location: GUATEMALA Central America, NOT nebraska,dakotas or kansas
I really dont like pranks and I WARN everybody around me for Inocents day pranks because I hate them... I learned my lesson so I dont do pranks. If I do a prank is with the purpose of REVENGE!!!!, of someone I really hate! my pranks are really hard.
Im a funny guy (I try to be that way) and rather squish a laugh from you guys w/ my coments or a joke.

GREETINGS FORM WARMTH GUATEMALA (well not at the moment, :-[ rainy season begun)
I have a date with eternity, AND I DONT WANT TO BE LATE!
bulletLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:53 AM   #21
Pond Piggies Club
Originally posted by Great-Dane:
I do not wish to offend anyone or have them jump to conclusion and have to expand so I'll stop posting jokes. Peace!
Don't stop...your giving me great ideas. When my Dad was alive, we use to wait for my Mom to go to the grocery store, then go move her car.

When I was a kid back in the late 60's, my Mom and Dad had their Saturday evening out. No drinking are anything like that, just Mom and Dad having dinner. So, I would alway try to do things to mess with Mom or Dad when they came home. My Dad was a Medic during WW2, so you never could really shake him up, but Mom was funny. I put Elmers glue on my hand one night, and let it dry. When they came home, I started to peel it off, saying I burnt my hand while cooking dinner. My Mom was going nuts, and Dad just stood there saying "It's not nice to scare your mother like that, but it is funny."

One night I got ahold of the glow in the dark paint that you could put on your body, and put this stuff on me from head to toe, hid in the basement under Dad's shop light, and when I heard the truck come home, snuck upstairs, waited for Mom to hit the door, (because she always headed for the bathroom when she came home) then jumped out, and well, she screamed, and didn't have to go to the bathroom anymore. My Dad's only reply was "Boy, you going to catch cold running around naked like that."

My Brother-in-law throught it would be funny if he run a jumper wire from my turn siganl to the horn on my old car. Everytime you turned on the siganl, the horn would go off.

As long as nobody get hurts, what is wrong with a little humor???????????????????????
R. "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge Diesel, 2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
VFW Life Member, NRA Endowment Member.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #22
Went camping with our church group. Came back from the beach before the rest of the group, to get a snack. When I saw our bikes an idea popped.

I grabbed my trusty crescent wrench & loosened up all the seats. Not real loose, just enough to turn side to side when you peddled. Of course when everbody else got back I suggested a bike ride around the CG. What a bunch of gigglers!

Of course the next morning we had to ride around again so I checked my seat very carefully. Shoulda checked the handle bars. Boy that maple syrup is sticky! Buncha sneaky gigglers!
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #23
It's only funny until someone gets hurt.....then it's hilarious!
Pastor Charlie
Pastor Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #24
One of our family favorites... When no one is looking, wrap a rubber band (or black pony tail holder) tightly around the sprayer nozzle on the sink, using it to hold the button down. Make sure sprayer is pointed in the right direction. Either ask someone who is up to get you a glass of water, or just sit and wait for the next innocent person to turn on the faucet. A better prank for the camper than say Christmas dinner when people are dressed nicely. :-)

Springhill is offline   Reply With Quote