Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just thought I'd share my best prank if you can visualize this... Before buying Class A I had a full-time 5th Wheel. It came with an alarm, the kind for convertable cars with red beam searching for any movement which would trip the alarm. Well to set the stage, it was mounted in a bread cabinet on a Damon Challenger. You simple flipped the drawer top open and the beam would be exposed to the living area and of course when shut it had no affect.

I use my RV as a guest house when I have company. My family was out for Christmas in 02 and I put them up outside in the RV. I warned them of the alarm and showed them the alarm and location. I gave them a briefing and explained should the alarm go off (but it shouldn't but just in case) what to do to deactivate it.

I told them to open the bread cabinet and reach their arm in and wave it around so the beam see's it and deactivates the alarm. Total BS of course but I was serious.

Each night about 2am I'd look out my living room window and using my remote I would set off alarm. Suddenly lights go on shadows start running all over in panic and you see a shadow of a person missing an arm... Arm is inside cubboard waving trying to turn off the alarm. Once I see this happening, I deactivate the alarm and let them return to bed thinking they actually accomplished something. Wait a while and do it again.

Next day they mention alarm going off. I tell them it must have been the wind but should be ok. Asked them if they had any problems deactivating it, they respond No of course.

Anyhow, did this every night for a week during their visit and every time Mom, Dad, brother or sister would run and start waving arm in bread cabinet. Last day before they leave I let them know I was doing it and no hand waving was going to do anything for the alarm.

To this day we still fall over laughing as it was a site to see. Family doesn't trust me but then again it's not the 1st prank I pulled on them and it's certainly not the last...

SF Bay Area
Great-Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #2

Shame on you Bob. Every night you woke them up? I'd be a real basket case after that.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Then you'll think this was even worse.. On one visit back in Phoenix, my sister kept avoiding this big red head gentle giant of a guy who adored her. She would avoid him rather than hurt his feelings.

Once I was aware of this I had fun BUT never at the cost of this fellow, just my sister. Guy shows up (red hair and size was give away), Hi my name is Russ, is Belinda here.

Sister avoiding him jumps into coat closet near front door, telling me to tell him she is not here. Well you don't tell me things like that. I invited him in and we sat in that room for 4 hours and talked while I made a new friend, all the time sister is stuck in closet.

Did I say she was a little upset not too mention sore?

Have many interesting pranks to share, love to laugh at life! If ever you want to have fun and get people to stop smoking, ask.. Made my entire family quit smoking on one visit with a prank. Granted one almost had a car accident and another almost got fired from her job in the course of the prank (had they quit cold turkey like the others they could have saved the embarrassment) but it was both amusing and it got them to all to quit!

SF Bay Area
Old 09-02-2004, 02:54 PM   #4

OK hubby & I smoke. Give it to me. And don't say you stick their cig butts in a toilet and left them dry. I'll tell you a prank.....if you ever go to a State park and there are no hookups, have a pipe with an elec box & water faucet on it. Put it in ground.....hook up your water an elec from trailer/MH to box and watch people stare when they walk by.

DH (Larry) <><
Old 09-02-2004, 03:31 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
You know of course it was cigarette loads you can buy at Spencers anywhere. The trick to drive people to quit is planning their every move and reaction just like a game of chess. Pranks are more fun when you get them only to plan there reaction and get them again!

I loaded every pack of cigarettes I could find (at time I smoked too but I had to quit so felt need to share my misery in doing so).

When ever anyone lit a cig it exploded. My sister threw her lighter across the room blaming the lighter after cigarette after cigarette blew up not thinking it's the cigarettes, now that brought tears to my eyes.

Mother I knew she would grab my own feeling I would do this to myself so of course I loaded them too. Nobody could find a safe cigarette and it was playing on their nerves, will it or won't it, will it or won't it?

Mother didn't learn, neither did sister. Mother went to work next morning, forgot about the loaded cigarettes, Boss bummed a smoke from her and headed into board meeting with his regional supervisors. Needless to say, it exploaded in the meeting embarrassing her boss who was darn near to firing her until she explained it was me and what I had done.

Sister on way to work next morning also forgets, lights smoke in car, light turns green, she goes, well loads don't go off right away, depends on how far they are tucked in. This one was tucked. It went off as she was relaxed and driving and she about lost control of car in panic.

Those two instances were so stressful to them on top of the previous night and everyone paranoid to light up, they quit! Reason it was so effective is I knew what they would do and planned on that reaction. They were not duped once but several times to the point of frustration and no trust. For weeks they had loaded cigarettes of every make laying around and nobody dared light one. Played with your nerves. I was in town for a week so not like they could just replace the pack, I was waiting at each opportunity..

Toilet water and let dry? Hmmm....

SF Bay Area
Old 09-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #6

Sounds like heart attack city to me. Don't think I'll try that. Nerves are bad enough already You really sound like a prankster Bob , what do you do for Halloween?????

DH (Larry) <><
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 PM   #7

I met a fellow last year who rigged up his own dummy electrical and water hook-up post. He would put it out at the side of his RV whenever he was camping at an area that had no hook-ups. Boy the fun he had letting people think he had hook-ups and they didn't.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Guess I'm a party pooper but jokes at other people's expense has never been high on my list of endearing personality traits. Especially if it's one way pranks. It probably seems funny if you're always the trickster and never the trickee.

Now, having said that, a couple guys that go back and forth with pranks is "a fair fight" and I'd find that quite humerous.

Have to admit, though, that alarm gag was pretty good. A full week may have been a bit over the top, though.

Just my .02 worth.
camper1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by camper1b:
Guess I'm a party pooper but jokes at other people's expense has never been high on my list of endearing personality traits. Especially if it's one way pranks. It probably seems funny if you're always the trickster and never the trickee.

Now, having said that, a couple guys that go back and forth with pranks is "a fair fight" and I'd find that quite humerous.
Just my .02 worth. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try not to read between the lines or read too much into it. Wow how did you get so far off base and make such an assumption.. Speculation is another bad trait in MHO nothing personal... As is judging others, period.

I'm sure your's is a general opinion and not one directed at me personally but since you did take time to post it and it looks to others like you are directing your opinion towards my antics, I'll expand some.

Hope you noticed (each and every post)this was family so I see nothing pertaining to values and traits and how families enjoy humor. Don't think I ever mentioned that they do same to me regularly (I just didn't turn out this way)but then again didn't feel need to explain. Had you asked I would share but you did not.

I'm not offended (in fact just shake my head and chuckle at remarks as its such a double standard comment, keep reading) just prefer people stick to facts and not read into things or add whats not there in a discussion. Think if you knew me personally you would be very humbled to form any opinion of me.

I'll still play pranks but think if you look back, it's family, not strangers, always and forever will be family. I'm not stupid enough (I am street smart) to get shot or beat up by a stranger not knowing how they would react nor do I feel thats a proper way to make 1st impressions or lasting new friendships. A personal friend, I'd have to weigh it on case by case basis as each is different but why am I explaining..

Family knows me, strangers do not so which is more cruel? But in your eyes since it's ok for the pole joke (which I have no problem with but illustrates something here)on strangers so long as it's not over a week thats ok? Eh?

All my pranks are family but now I have to justify because you speculated which developed into an opinion which then felt the need to post it with no facts or investigation.. See whats wrong here.. Ironically post was titled RV Pranks yet you came to read too, wow.. Even in a general context it's saying your way is wrong and mine is right even if in ones own opinion and this wasn't a moral debate thread..

I do not wish to offend anyone or have them jump to conclusion and have to expand so I'll stop posting jokes. Nothing personal nor any ill will, all this was an explanation, unwarranted but none the less that is what it is. I'll gladly converse with you in threads and shake your hand should I meet you. I dislike nobody, think maybe you ought to refrain from judging people to quickly whether me or some other prankster unless you have all the details as you going to miss out on some great people because you thought something that was not true..

Peace!

SF Bay Area
Old 09-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Sorry. Didn't mean for it to get personal here. Probably comes from reading your remarks out of context not knowing you or your family. Mine was more a general statement about (unwanted/unexpected) practical jokes. I've been on here a while and if you go back through my posts, I'm not one to make character judgements about peoople and I wasn't doing that here either, (even though it probably sounded that way).

And your right. I do have a very good sense of humor (as you obviously do) and we would probably get along dandy around a campfire. Peace.
camper1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
No hard feelings!

I love a good time but never at the cost of upsetting or hurting someone else. Family is grounded and knows how to laugh at ourselves. Trying to get my parents and siblings to join the forums too (they all camp). Sent them the link so sure sooner or later you will hear some of the stupid things I fell for as well. No need to bring those up until then..

Definately look forward to conversing more down the road in the forums. Perhaps one day our paths will cross and we can look back and laugh as well!

Peace!

SF Bay Area
Old 09-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Bob you sound like my kind of "Kaqmper". I love pullin pranks on folks I know from time to time. Like yours, nothing destructive. Just good natured fun.

One day hopefully we will be together at a campground to "Share information".

Of course the REST of the folks there we knew/know would be "Fair Game"
Old 09-03-2004, 03:08 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
LOL! I love your closing line!

Good laughs make for long lives in my opinion! Good medicine!

Definately look forward to it someday Don!

Regards!

SF Bay Area
Old 09-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Of course, there was the time we pulled into a Texas Boomers rally with about 5 or 6 rigs already there. I should have been suspicious when about a dozen people were sitting in lawn chairs watching me set up the 5th wheel. Do you know how hard it is to look "cool" when you're trying to remove the cap for the sewer hookup when it has been torqued to, oh, about 5,000 lb-ft!

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote