Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Second generation humor

More decades ago then I really care to count. I was in the middle of the ole discussion of having my 7 yr old daughter clean up her room before her Grandparents arrived. A bit latter as my parent's entered my home, me with one hand on my hip ant painting towards the hall My Mother picked up on this discussion rather quickly, but to my dismay she stated "Why are you having Pam pick up her room....you never did at her age!!!". Of course my daughter jump on that with glee, I could not believe it.

So decades later as I arrived at my daughters home she was having a connipsion fit with her two daughters, stating" Go to your room and square it away before you get to visit with Granddad", Yep it was payback time and my turn as I told her "...Pam why are you having them clean up their room....you never did at that age."

But what was so funny is that at that moment my daughter looked sort of startled and puzzeled as she stated " Oh my gosh...I turned into my Mom"

Now I know why years ago my parents just looked at each other and laughed LOL.

Life is good being a Grandparent LOL

Jwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
My parents cursed me with that age old curse: I hope you have a child just like you.
And sure enough, I did. I have since passed that on to my daughters who are just now comming to grips with teenagers of there own. Oh sweet revenge!

Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

For us it was similar.

My parents took our kids away, got them tired, dirty and full of sugar, and then dropped them off. I said nothing to my parents but did groan a bit.

I had my turnabout.
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
grandparents sole job in life is to spoil the grandkids rotten then drop them off to there parents.. also buy them the noisyist gifts for Christmas and birthdays!!!!!
Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by stink View Post
grandparents sole job in life is to spoil the grandkids rotten then drop them off to there parents.. also buy them the noisyist gifts for Christmas and birthdays!!!!!
Right on, plus if they smell kinda funny ya can hand them back to the new diaper parents. If when they get older they act out of hand, get each two snickers a big gulp Pepsi and take them home LOL
Jwar is offline   Reply With Quote