Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
See how nice I am!

I never wish death on anyone that wrongs me! I wish sudden explosive diarrhea while stuck in traffic, with frequent violent sneezes!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That is an excellent plan thanks for sharing

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #3

See another reason to carry a bathroom around with you when you travel. I spent 4 hours in a standstill traffic jam on I-10 in Tallahassee, Florida a few years ago driving my current coach home to Louisiana from buying it near Orlando. It certainly was nice to be able to crank up the generator, cook lunch, prop my feet up, watch local TV for news on the traffic jam, etc. All while being no more than 10 seconds from the drivers seat.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
See another reason to carry a bathroom around with you when you travel. I spent 4 hours in a standstill traffic jam on I-10 in Tallahassee, Florida a few years ago driving my current coach home to Louisiana from buying it near Orlando. It certainly was nice to be able to crank up the generator, cook lunch, prop my feet up, watch local TV for news on the traffic jam, etc. All while being no more than 10 seconds from the drivers seat.
Been there,done that, more than once.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Anyone ever knock on your door, asking to use your throne?
Old 08-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #6

No, but in that traffic jam outside Tallahassee I did see lots of people taking walks over to visit the pine trees, I also have to wonder if the temporary license plate on the back of the coach might have been a factor. I got out and walked around a few times myself, checked the tires, visited with the 18 wheeler driver next to me on the right, it is really strange to walk around on an interstate highway with 3 lanes of traffic that is just stopped long after everyone had given up hope of moving anytime soon (someone flipped a travel trailer and blocked all westbound lanes less than a mile ahead). Hundreds of people just out wondering around on the road, sitting the their car doors open, etc.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Remind me not to piss you off...
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Anyone ever knock on your door, asking to use your throne?
Yes, we had a 5er back then. We were stopped for nearly 3 hrs on a Nevada state highway, a flash flood had washed out the highway and it was being rebuilt enough with rock to re-open. Now there are very few trees in parts of Nevada, a young couple approached our dually and asked if his wife could use our restroom, she looked to be about 8 months pregnant. DW said yes and took her into our 5er and showed her how to use the commode pedal.
That was the single incident we had in 25 years where we consented.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #9

A few years ago stopped on I-79. Asked the trucker next to me why ~ a trailer dumped heavy equipment, trooper called for a crane ~~ eta 60 - 90 minutes.
Invited him over for ham sandwiches. He said hold on, called his buddy on the radio. He brought cheese as he was in Wisconsin. His buddy and another that heard the radio call showed up. I made toasted ham & cheese, tomato soup (plus a can of ravioli), and a pot of coffee. We ate, cleaned up, closed up, talked for 20 minutes until traffic moved again. Had opened the dining slide and turned on the AC. Best time ever stopped in traffic.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #10

I saw the subject line then who posted it and thought that yeah, based on your posts, you are nice folks.

Then I read the content

Old 08-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Joe, that was funny.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:13 AM   #12

Hey Joe, where you going with that Imodium in your hand? _ paraphrase Jimi Hendrix

I wanted a Romulan Disrupter (from the original Star Trek) but it leaves too much debris and shrapnel.

Now I want a "Brown Note Projector" to shoot directional, very low frequency audio waves at the offending driver. Does it work? It "Depends".
Old 08-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #13

If you really don't like them do you wish that disease you get later in life if you had chicken pox as a child. Darn I hate the getting old thing, too much in my brain to remember, oh yea Shingles!
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #14

Ouch that hurts
BC Pest is offline   Reply With Quote