Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #1

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window, and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes, I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said, 'We're sorry, but we cannot do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recent ly had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT! SIGHTING :
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, AL

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled , she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker (She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing') our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself, and for the sake of her life couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'it's open!'

His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us... they REPRODUCE, and scariest of all.. they VOTE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #2

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window, and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes, I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said, 'We're sorry, but we cannot do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recent ly had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT! SIGHTING :
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, AL

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled , she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker (She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing') our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself, and for the sake of her life couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'it's open!'

His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us... they REPRODUCE, and scariest of all.. they VOTE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Be afraid, be very afraid
BigSkyBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigSkyBob:
Be afraid, be very afraid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drive local LTL truck, and sometimes, we take small packages to the airport. Example....A company in Texas needs a part right away from a company near our warehouse. It might be 10 pounds are less. Anyway...................

I took a 3 pound package to American Airlines Cargo in Chicago, IL. It was going to the research facility in Alaska, from Rockwell International in Champaign, IL. It was marked that it was electrical parts. The person at American Airlines OPENED the package, inspected it, then resealed the package, marked that it had been open by AA, AND the TSA. It had been swabed, inspected, unpacked, repacked, and hand checked by two people. It had been sniffed by a bomb sniffer. So, do you think that the package could go on the airplane? Nope, had to run it through the X-ray machine. And why......in case something was hid in the box!

Now, we just try to do everything out of Indianapolis.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
LOL isnt that just scary as heck.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #6

After doing the flea market section of a tractor show in Danville,IN I stopped at a Murphy Gas stop for fuel and to refill my generator with gas.I told the attendant I wanted to put $100 in diesel fuel in the truck and $10 in gas in the generator.He said go ahead and pump the fuel then let me know and I'll reset the pump so you can pump your gas.I pumped the fuel and told him and he reset the pump.I pumped $10 in gas into the generator and went in to pay and he said that will be $10.I said no I owe you $100 for the diesel and $10 for the gas.He said you only owe me $10.I said no I have to pay for the diesel.He said the register says you owe $10 and that is all I'm taking.I said you are going to be short $100.He says the register said to do it this way and that is what I'm doing.Now will you please leave.Nobody in line behind me could believe it.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #7

ANOTHER IDIOT SIGHTING
I stopped at a McDonalds to get a cup of coffee and I said I wanted half regular and half decaf. The counter person asked which one I wanted put in first.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Not long after we were transferred from Texas to Ohio in 1975, we stopped at a Bob Evans on I-71 for lunch. The young man waiting on us asked what we wanted to drink. He was somewhat taken aback when I ordered iced tea since it was December and snowing outside, but he took our order and disappeared. In a few minutes he came back and said, "Sir, do you want hot iced tea or cold iced tea?" I wound up ordering hot tea and a glass of ice.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ANOTHER IDIOT SIGHTING
I stopped at a McDonalds to get a cup of coffee and I said I wanted half regular and half decaf. The counter person asked which one I wanted put in first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have told him the regular goes on top so it will wake me up then I could relax with the decaf....

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #10

Many of these responses speak to fast food joints, etc. where the invovled persons are undoutably entry level and maybe on there first job. That's ok because sooner or later they will either become part of the "Peter Principle" or maybe go into government employment which is real scary. So we have a responsibility to stay alert as the world definitely needs more lerts, Ken....
Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #11

sign seen yesterday on a gate beside a roadside ice cream stand.

no unauthorized trespassing

so I wonder - who gives permission for people to trespass?

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
A few weeks ago I stopped at a Walgreens pharmacy and bought a 2 liter coke. I opted to use a debit card and get $20 cash back, which is a service that is available there. The clerk told me this register was just opened and she couldn't give me any cash back. I was just looking for a $20. I said to her "you mean to tell me they don't put any money in the drawer when they open the register"? No, she said, they put $100 in. I asked her why she could give me a $20 then. She told me that someone could come in with a $100 bill and she wouldn't have any change for them. I told her to keep the coke, I'd buy it elsewhere.