Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking The Benefits of Golfing!

An 80-year-old Scotsman went to the doctor for a check-up. The doctor was amazed at what good shape the old fellow was in and asked "How do you stay in such great physical condition?" "I am Scottish and I am a golfer" said the old fellow "and that is why I am in such good shape. I'm up well before daylight and out golfing up and down the fairways. I have a wee glass of whisky and that's it".

"Well," said the doctor "I am sure that helps but there has to be more to it. How old was your dad when he died?" "Who said my dad died?" The doctor was amazed. "You mean you are 80 years old and your father is still alive. How old is he?"

"He is 100 years old" said the old Scottish golfer. "In fact he golfed with me this morning and then we went to the topless beach for a walk and had a wee whisky and that is why he is still alive. He is a proud Scot and a golfer too".

"Well" the doctor said "that is great but I am sure there is more to it than that. How about your dad's dad? How old was he when he died?" "Who said my grandad is dead?" Stunned, the doctor asked, "You mean you are 80 years old and your grandfather is still living! Incredible, how old is he?"

"He is 118 years old," said the old Scottish golfer. The doctor was getting frustrated at this point: "So, I guess he went golfing with you this morning too?" "No. Grandad couldn't go this morning because he is getting married today". At this point the doctor was close to losing it. "Getting married!? Why would a 118 year-old bloke want to get married?" "Who said he wanted to?"

Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good one!

Musta been the wee bit of whiskey.
1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB 36' w/slide.
Ford F53/460 chassis, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee "toad"
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote