Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The cowboy way

A cowboy named Bud is overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Wyoming when suddenly a brand-new black BMW advances toward him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leans out the window and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the obviously well-heeled man, looks at his peacefully grazing herd, and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The fellow parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects it to his iPhone 4S, and surfs to a secure NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and forwards it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his iPhone® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet on his Dell® and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized battery-operated HP DeskJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

Bud watches the fellow select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as he loads it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a moment and says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Tax man", says Bud.

“Wow! That's correct," says the young fellow, "but how did you guess that?"

“No guessing required.” drawled the cowboy. “You show up here even though nobody called you; you expect to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You use millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter you are than I am; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter; this is a herd of sheep. Now give me back my dog.”

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Three cowboys riding in a pickup truck, Which one is the smartest:

The one in the middle, he don't have to drive and don't have to get out to open the dang gate.

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heard them both before.. Still laughing.

By the way.... The RV park I'm at just now features an "on site" church (ok perhaps a block away as city blocks go but on the property) it also features horses and cows.

The Church is a Cowboy Church, the Bible they use (New testament) is called "The Cowboy Way" same as this thead... Very nice people, Nice little church. Good folks in fact. The owner of the RV park/ranch is the pastor. Good person too. (And I'm not just saying that cause I'm using the park's free Wi-Fi).

What's more fun is I used to ride out in the morning on a genuine horse to round up genuine cows when I was a boy.. Guess that makes me a Cowboy.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Heard them both before.. Still laughing.

By the way.... The RV park I'm at just now features an "on site" church (ok perhaps a block away as city blocks go but on the property) it also features horses and cows.

The Church is a Cowboy Church, the Bible they use (New testament) is called "The Cowboy Way" same as this thead... Very nice people, Nice little church. Good folks in fact. The owner of the RV park/ranch is the pastor. Good person too. (And I'm not just saying that cause I'm using the park's free Wi-Fi).

What's more fun is I used to ride out in the morning on a genuine horse to round up genuine cows when I was a boy.. Guess that makes me a Cowboy.
Works for me, Cowboy.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote