Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
Sounds like fun. I wonder if there's a list somewhere to help find one or two.
Google AANR.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjax View Post
Ya wow! Speaking of the one just north of McClenney Where is the other?
Yep, been to that one. Very basic campground, mostly just parking the RV out in their field with electric and water hookups. If you don't like trees and grass (and nudity) then it's not really the place to go - though they do have a pool. DW and I grew up country kids, so being out there is fine with us, for a short stay.

There are actually multiple in Florida, though you stumbled in to the one nearest to Jax. The bulk of them seem to be in the center of the state or out to the west. I would assume that is at least in part because of the warmer year around weather, as opposed to north Florida where we are. (For the northerners, yes I know it doesn't get COLD here, but it does get cold enough that it would really cut in to business if you happen to be running a nudist campground).
Old 02-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjax View Post
I bet! Just curious,,,, you know,,,imagination,,,,,, doe's more go on than just enjoying nature freely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Absolutely not. That's a different kind of place.
Agreed. DW and I are careful to avoid those kinds of places. The websites usually make it very clear which is which.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #18

If you want a feel for the lifestyle, check out Haulover, Blind Creek, or Playalinda lot 13, beachs in Fl.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
If you want a feel for the lifestyle, check out Haulover, Blind Creek, or Playalinda lot 13, beachs in Fl.
Don't forget Apollo beach lot 5.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #20

There's one about 10 miles from our house.

Word of caution, they DO shoot down drones, with great accurately.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:32 AM   #21

Everyone should be able to shoot down drones if spying on them.

There is no need to spy, the place will give you a free tour.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #22

Maybe I should have an age limit here lol
Al Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #23

They Didn't Have Clothes On!

Quote:
Sounds like fun. I wonder if there's a list somewhere to help find one or two.
It is very enjoyable. Very relaxing. We live in one in FL (photo of our coach on the lot) and have visited several around the country. People accept you for who you are, as God created you - with all your scars, cellulite, love handles, blemishes, and everything else, not for what you drive, how your dress, what you do/did for a living, how much money you have or project that you have, how slim/beautiful you are, whether you are saggy or fit, or anything else. Just because people choose to exercise their option to dress how God created us does not mean it has anything to do about sex, swinging, "lifestyle" or wanting/not wanting to look at you. It is about accepting yourself and people for who you/ they are, as you/they are. There is not "snicker, snicker, look at him/her.

Nudist resorts/parks (they are not called "colonies") are usually the most friendly and relaxing places we've stayed at. In regular RV parks you have to make a real effort to be friendly with people. Not so in nudist resorts/parks (and I don't mean in a sexual way). It is natural.

[ Mod Edit] The website also has etiquette and other helps (such as always bring a towel to sit on).
Casita50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
A "mistake".........

Suuuuuure.......

NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #25

LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	nudists see more sun.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	236726

Name:	birthday suits.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	236727

Name:	CAMP IS WHERE CLOTHES OFF.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	236728

Name:	happiness no tan lines.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	236729
Old 03-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #26

30+ years ago I had 4 days off for Easter holiday so off I went on a camping/dirt bike riding trip. This was in the west central part of Nevada west of the town of Lida and near the California border. It was cold! I was wearing my snowmobile suit, mittens, etc. I rode over a pass and down in the valley below I could see what appeared to be an oasis of palm trees so I rode that way to investigate. As I got closer there appeared to be smoke or steam coming up in a few spots so now I was really curious. As I made my way slowly through the palms people - stark naked people - started coming from behind every tree it seemed! They strolled my way - and invited me to lunch. But I was so shocked I just mumbled something and rode on off down the valley. Me trying to stay warm in my snowmobile suit and all of them completely naked. Later I found out I had stumbled into the hot springs in Saline Valley. Never had heard of them before this but I understand this is a popular spot with the nudist crowd. Difficult to get to, though (many miles of rough dirt road).
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did not catch the address
51chevy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #28

They didn't have clothes on!

Yep! And happy I found out.
When my A/C died in Arizona and we first arrived in Washington state early July, I couldn't find a place to park my 40' bus anywhere longish term. For the first month we dry camped out on forest service roads living off battery and generator running twice a day. But it meant constant moving too to empty the tanks. The roads are pretty rough in areas and it was taking a toll on the motorhome.

While staying at a RV repair place having the A/C unit replaced two different people there suggested staying at a clothing optional resorts. I'm not shy by any means and it sounded ok with me. It was a wonderful experience and 2 years later I'm back and staying for the summer while I work nearby.

So the two things to take away is:
One:
there is usually room and the smaller resorts we've been too are happy to find a place to stay.
Two:
The rent is often far less than the resorts you've be staying in especially in the summer. My experience has been that it stays the same year round.

So Yes I highly recommend it.

Gordon: I wanted to FYI a minute. it is considered poor etiquette not to sit on a towel or robe on any surface whether indoors or out. In addition there are care takers that wipe and clean all surfaces with bleach or disinfectant. These places are often cleaner than the public campgrounds you've seen. I volunteered here but they have all they need :-(

Cheers everyone!
And if you'd like check out the AANR website. It's full of good information for first timers.
RandyKoth is offline   Reply With Quote