Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #1

Wal-Mart Story

Well You and I know every thing takes place at Wallmart as Elvis was seen,some one camped there over 2 years,others dumped on the ground,New Ford Trucks have been taken by the dozen, well We or most have been told a story or 2,Some true,some not,but also some funny and also again some not this is true and also funny or is it ?????????You be the Judge but please if You were not there enjoy the moment as I did I was waiting for the Mrs. in the parking lot and You know where when this little older lady Blue Hair and a cane but no eye glasses rolls in in a fine little old Dodge that other than a few scratches and dents and ran a little fast at idel was clean as a whip it was a car of many colours to Me rubs from others I said wow that Lady has had some run ins in the little Dodge.Well the sweet Lady found a space and begane to move in to it hitting the new Black Ford glanceing into a Red Chev.never loseing Her train of thought backing up a few feet into a fine Olds again into the Black Ford. Now She must give up this spot at seeing a bigger one around the back of the Black Ford with fine control the Dodge rounds the turn and slids in behind the Black Ford.Out She gets checks over Her hand bag locks the Dodge and off into the store cane in hand She goes not a glance to the other cars She hit..I was in shock at this.But true as it was the boys in blue did show up and also My wife about the same time I left the Man to do His job and have never seen any thing like that again

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
A great story, Bushman; thanks for sharing it.

In the '90s we had our business offices in a small business plaza; part of our entertainment during slow times was to watch these elderly folks attempt to park in what were very tight spots.

We referred to them as Blue Headed Door Dingers

Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We may all get to that age some day but I hope I have the resolve to hang up the keys when I can't drive without posing a threat to the welfare and property of others. What amazes me about some of the really elderly drivers is the size of the cars they drive! I frequently see tiny little old women trying to navigate our parking garage at work in huge cars, mostly caddy's, buicks and older pontiacs.

Man, I know I will be really old when I get the urge to have a big Buick .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
We may all get to that age some day but I hope I have the resolve to hang up the keys when I can't drive without posing a threat to the welfare and property of others. What amazes me about some of the really elderly drivers is the size of the cars they drive! I frequently see tiny little old women trying to navigate our parking garage at work in huge cars, mostly caddy's, buicks and older pontiacs.

Man, I know I will be really old when I get the urge to have a big Buick .
Sooo- I will come forth and tell you that I am far from being Blue Haired or even that old (a few folks here have met me and can vouch for that)...BUT the best car I have owned out of all of them (including a few sports cars and Hondas) is the car below.

My 2006 Buick Lucerne with it's Northstar V8 engine gets great gas mileage - plus it not only knows how to hug the twisty backroads but it can pass most of those "sewing machine sounding cars" that you find the young people driving now-a-days
I have driven on Las Vegas Motor Speedway more than twice at over 140MPH ...and I can probably walk faster than many of the moderators - so please retract from calling me a "blue-haired door dinging" car owner!!
All kidding aside - it truly is a fun car to drive!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Isn't Buick an old peoples car?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Lucerne is a nice car, for sure, just not my cup of tea. It is no question that Tiger Wood's endorsements help put Buicks in a lot of driveways in recent years. Also, even that Lucerne is downsized from the Buick Roadmaster I have in my mind from years past.

Be glad you got one of those while you could....now that GM has become "Government Motors" most anything with a V8 will disappear soon.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Buick still has those cute port holes.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #8

My brother has a running line that when he sees a Buick or OPC (old people's car as he calls them) he looks for turns without signaling, quick stops, and just being really careful around them. He says that this does not apply to all Buick drivers, just enough to keep him on his toes.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can believe it.

See thread elsewhere (actually a different group of forums) about wishing to ban older drivers from driving RV's.. Then think of how much damage she could have done with 26,000 pounds of coach instead of her car.

I've actually seen that kind of driving ..... Though Wal-Mart did not yet exist at the time
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #10

My 1956 Roadmaster that was a fine ride,or My 1962 Wild Kitty (Cat),Had a 1957 Century also But all were lacking in the tranny Olds had better meat for bands and were the talk of the town at the strip for 1/4 mile pink slips...LOL...the days of old now the HP is just in the jar for the BBQ...Your Buick is nice no 2 ways about that. But not My cup of tea I was into cars for years most were restored stock never rodded now to old to do it But made a lot of green in doing some thing I did enjoy...paid off real well...LOL...now the things are made to last but a few years and -or-get a new one for You will not find parts to keep them going I think that time is getting closer that We all may think..Just My .02 worth...and as Paul Harvey said Good Day..Bushman
Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talking

Yep, I remember well the 1956 Buicks with the Dynaflop transmissions. Or were they called Dynaflows?

Just kidding, I was the proud owner of a 1954 Buick Century with the Dynaflop, it was a good car, first four door sedan I ever owned. (no, they didn't have Walmarts where I lived back then)

Dieselclacker
Old 06-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Yep, I remember well the 1956 Buicks with the Dynaflop transmissions. Or were they called Dynaflows?

Just kidding, I was the proud owner of a 1954 Buick Century with the Dynaflop, it was a good car, first four door sedan I ever owned. (no, they didn't have Walmarts where I lived back then)

Dieselclacker
They were a flop not like the glide or were the Chev.called Slip and slide..LOL..and the OLDS were Hydromatic with Super go like a cut cat remember the Fluid drive and the true HIMI...Bushman
Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Remember the 4-door Olds'98 (and its slightly younger brother the Olds'88)?
Thats when cars had a graceful length.
That BuickLucerne is a teeny car compared to the '98.
I believe that even with modern cameras it is technically impossible to get an entire Olds98 4-door's length into one picture.
You could drive a car like that while sober, young and agile, into a nearly empty WalMart parking lot and still accidently hit something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963Oldsmobile-NinetyEight-4DoorHardtop-may6c.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	597  
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #14

Yes that was a ride all 22feet or about, looked that long...lol... Had a 98 2door Regency long Green in and out white top and a 455ci one gas hog had all the toys and a speed alert to help refrain from the ticket for over the posted speed..The wife was a lead foot She was stopped once for flying past a radar but as most know a woman is always right and talked Her way out of the ticket that day...She said She was on the cruse and the over ride was not buzzing...Nice Cop let Her off good thing for We had hard times in them days.Had to buy gas @ $0.56 a gallon lol again they were the days.The Olds about a 1961?