Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #15

In today's world, that would likely get you surrounded by a SWAT team!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Might slow down a few of them who would even know what it looked like and the problems it could make for them.

For many years, I have envisioned what I call a "Poop Canon". A compressed air charged canon mounted on the roof and swiveled (aimed) like a Wineguard batwing antenna....You can imagine what it would be loaded with. A little fantasy playing on my part but it is theraputic when other drivers are doing dumb things....

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
on my 350 dually i used to hang a piece of a small cars front bumper from my receiver hitch
it was about 1 foot square and scrapped up to heck and back, with e hitch ball poking through, sure did help in Jacksonville traffic

the claymore is nice, especially if you make it leap out at the tailgater then reset
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
powerboatr
Now that's a real good one. Ever have any cops pull you over?

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
I found a big tailgater preventer was hauling a large prop I had designed up to a convention. It was a replica of a breech-loader, single shot 30mm anti-tank gun rifle that was in a Japanese Anime. I had recreated to scale, which meant it was 9' long with a large tapered bore on the front and twin sights, along with a functioning breech mechanism and a "shell" (several pieces of galvanized steel pipe welded together, then ground down and painted, it was there for looks, plus to act as a counter weight to make the gun balanced when one held it for photo ops). With the Bi-pod not being able to collapse (we didn't have time to make it fold, so it was stuck in one position) we had to collapse the shoulder stock and stick the bi pod on top of one of our boxes in the back of the truck.

This was all inside of my canopy on the back of the truck. I have a set of seats that bolt down in the back of the truck that face toward the rear. We had two passengers and I guess one of them decided pick the shoulder brace end of the thing up and squint down the sights at a tailgaiting car as we passed through Tacoma.

I didn't find out what happened until much later, all I remember was seeing a beamer suddenly brake and drop off behind me that had been hiding in my blind spot and wondering if something had fallen off the truck.

I smacked them around the head a number of times for doing that, but, I'll admit, it sure was funny sounding when 2 and 2 were put together.

Here's an old photo of it before we did some more work on it. My wife-to-be is dressed as the vampire police girl that wields the Harkonnen Cannon (Girl on the left, girl on right another Con goer wielding her own version, I do this as a side job, so there's a tad bit of quality difference ).

Alot of folks liked posing with it:

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #20

Good Lord, Redneck! That would give someone a heart attack. I like it!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #21

very cool
I had a friend with electric dump valve---and it was after rear tires---
Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #22

I have heard guys claim that they had a handful of marbles that they just threw out on the road.

Don't know how you'd get them behind you in a motor home. Why do I picture Q designing a marble dropper?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Good Lord, Redneck! That would give someone a heart attack. I like it!
We built it for under $100, and it weighs 5lbs. Its entirely made of plastic, with a few metal bits thrown in to keep it from getting damaged while being carried at a convention.

We've been trying to start up a props business on the side, and would love to get a vacuum form machine so we can make carved wood bases to make molds from to cast vinyl duplicates so we can mass-produce some of the smaller props. Since we deal on a person-to-person basis, we can control who is allowed to buy them (We don't allow minors to purchase the props due to their life-like qualities), but we're looking at ways to cut down costs.

To get a duplicate of that prop for yourself, our asking price is around $400-500 due to the amount of labor needed to turn basic ABS plastics into works of art.

The build time is usually around a week, not counting paint.

We also do giant, oversized swords as well, but they're convention safe as the blades are actually made of foam rubber and then coated in elastoseal to give them a smooth, paintable surface.

The gentleman holding the sword is a member of our props group. The sword is from a popular Anime showing here in the states called "Inu Yasha".
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #24

awesome---thanks---
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
awesome---thanks---
It would help if you would either quote the 'awesome' or give some attribution.

Thanks,
Dean

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #26

Jayco Owners Club
Mount this little BB gun in your pickup bed. You'd never have to fire it.

http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/

Demo here:
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #27

I'll take a pass

While potentially humorous to an RV'er, I'm wondering about the reaction from law enforcement personnel who may not share the 'tongue in cheek' humor, not to mention that you'd have to bee TOO close to get the "point".
oshacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #28

I have often thought I would like a railroad sleeper attached to a quick release system behind the rear bumper. When I was really ticked off, I could pull the quick release.... Guess that would get the Highway patrol's attention !