Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #29
I learned that when buy a coach on a short sale and really get a smokin deal that you are gonna have some projects to take care of...
So, what I learned was that if you have a water leak on the front windshield that has been going on for sometime that it will literally smell like cat pee
Almost pulled all the carpet out but instead removed the dash cowling a found the smell!!! Now I love the smell of my coach

Revodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #30
I found my window awnings retract themselves when I get moving fast enough.

bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #31
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I learned first time out that the rear of a 35' RV swivels like a logging truck on a turn and the big boulders that border a campsite don't move like you wish they would.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #32
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Man, this stuff is FUNNY! It appears I will have a lot of stories to tell as I'm just starting out. To Err Is Human. Judging by the the things that often happen, I'm gonna be REALLY Human!!!
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #33

Just because the dealer says they installed the pink stuff (antifreeze) doesn't mean it was done right... Which means to blow the lines out air doesn't freeze like water and antifreeze does....

When you notice the tires of the TT don't seem to line up right in the mirror maybe because you got a wheel bearing problem... Which in turned ruined a set a brake shoes...

Just because the interior of the trailer in excellent conditon doesn't mean all the appliances are... Which means you go on a reading spree here to under stand why the heater quit working after you blow the dust out...

I've just purchased this Jayco Eagle 296 (in Nov) and NEVER been on a trip yet but still going over it with a fine toothed comb hoping to stay out of this list... But...
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 towing 2000 Jayco Eagle 296 FBS
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #34
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Father In Law learned that using your mirrors in a tight spot is ok, but remember that things higher than mirror site are wider!

tried backing into a tight spot using mirrors, told me to go get something so i left, came back to find that the overhang of the roof he was backing alongside caught the frame of the awning dead center. ripped it clean off and put two big holes in the side where the lower awning mounts attach!!

i couldn't help but laugh. he was a little grumpy but i was dyin!
"Now why would you want to do something like that?" - My Dad
ChrisNiemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #35
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
Now, as 2010 draw to an end, I think we need to sit back and reflect on what we have learned this year.
Don't bother trying to buy parts directly from Newmar.
94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #36
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
Ha ha. Yeah I learnt this one too. Then again it seems I keep learning this same lesson over and over...
Amen to that! I even took an old hard hat someone gave me to use when doing chores around the slideouts. Of course, DW made big time fun of me, took numerous photos. The first time I used it I raised up and introduced the middle of my back to the corner of the living room slideout. I guess I need a flak jacket too.

One time while racing around the rear corner having just remembered I was filling the fresh water tank I ran smack into the bedroom slideout, face first, between the eyes, bent my glasses.

My niece may be getting me a catcher's mask for Christmas. Now that will start some talk at the campgrounds. Hard hat, catcher's mask, and flak jacket.

I'll just tell those who ask that this is my normal attire for our romantic weekends.

2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #37
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
no matter how much MASS you have....walking head into the slide will not make it go in
but will make you sit down abruptly and see stars
This will also make your scalp bleed freely.
Ralph & Snickers
2006 3500 Chevy Dually - 8.1 - Allison
2006 30' New Horizon - Solar
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
I learned that the concrete barriers at gas station islands are mean...and not movable. I also learned that my insurance agent has a good sense of humor - when I told him I could not remember what state I was in at the time, he didn't hang up on me.

Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote