Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #1

Zu-Zu Flies

Several years ago, an old country gentleman and his bride were returning from Jacksonville, Florida to Waycross, Georgia in their "new to them" motor home. While traveling on US 1 on the outskirts of the Okefenokee Swamp, they met a Georgia State Trooper who immediately turned around on them and promptly turned on his light bar. The old gentleman pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the trooper to approach him.

The trooper asked him for his drivers license, registration and proof of insurance in a rather sarcastic tone. He informed the driver that his reason for stopping him is the running light is out on the top left front of the vehicle and he would have to issue him a ticket for this violation. The old gentleman tried to explain to the trooper that he and his bride had just purchased the RV that very day and hadn't had a chance to fix everything as of yet. Just trying to get her home. The trooper would hear no excuses.

While returning the paper work back to the driver, a swarm of flies overtook the state trooper, swarming around his face. He said "Man, these flies are really bad. Reckon what kind of flies these are?" The old gentleman responded "Zu-Zu flies."
"Never heard of them, stated the trooper."
"You probably have, just don't remember". "They generally hang around horses butts" said the old gentleman. To which the trooper said, "Are you calling me a horse's butt"? The old gentleman responded "Naw, Naw not at all, but its hard to fool a Zu-Zu fly!"

Don't forget to do your "Pre-flights" (walk arounds)

Wideload is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
Makes me think about the time my boss at Navistar told me and my cohort that we had to quit calling the QC guy "Dickhead" as a lot of the machine operators were starting to call him that.
We agreed to stop. As my buddy and I were leaving I told him that from now on we would refer to "Dickhead" as Richard Cranium.

My boss also told me one day that my buddy and I should help people out. About a month later he met me outside my office where I picked up an envelope and a four pack of Sprecker's Root Beer. He asked what that was all about. I told him my buddy and I were doing exactly what he told us to do---Help people OUT. We were doing resumes for people so they could get out of Navistar!!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #4

We had a French Canadian guy working with us so we called him Frog. Some upper level boss thought that was not good (politically correct) so we changed it to Gorf. The upper guy didn't pick up that it was Frog spelled backwards or if he did he never let on.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote