Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
Shoot, I remember some women semi drivers that could literally drive circles around a lot of guys and that was 30 years ago!

1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing,upgraded turbo, 2006 Dutchmen 28' 5th wheel with a 12' slide out and 16' boat behind it all
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #16
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife refuses to drive. "what would you do if something happened to me?" She says "I will just call one of the grandsons to get it home". One time in Texas on a straight lightly traveled road , she volunteered to drive. About 10 minutes later, a bad, bad storm hit unexpectedly. Omen?

Jerry and Barbara,
2005 Nat Sea Breeze 1321
2010 Honda CR-V toad
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
I told my wife she has no choice but to learn how to drive what ever we end up getting. If something happens to me on the road its up to her to get us home.
I tried that with my wife, she won't even sit in the drivers seat, let alone drive. But, to be fair he health is so bad the Dr. has prohibited her from driving at all. So, we're all safer if she doesn't drive!
But I really wish she would lean because, as above, it'll be up to her to get it home and I know she'd just sell it as is, where is!

Lots of woman bus drivers here, both transit and school.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife can drive the rv, but I am a terrible navigator so we tend to both stick to what we are better at.
Okierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #19
Entegra Owners Club
My wife refuses to drive the motorhome. Smart lady, she scares me driving her car! I envy those whose wives drive the RV.
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
before MH we had boats and in all instances my wife learned how to do it all. I mean navigate, dock and handle in every condition a 42 foot twin engine. when it came time for the MH we went down the road to the school parking lot.

I went over all the controls and then let her take her time to go forward and make turns to the left. after a while had her turn around and make turns to the right. later she learned how to back up to park between parking lines and after a bit she was having fun.

Now my DW drives better than me. She did also take a course at the Winnebago National Rally. It helped her understand advanced operation. While there we did the back up contest between and around the cones. she never knock over any cones.

I really love while we are on the road. We do not set any specific area where either of us will be operating but rather we set times. Generally, she will drive about 4 or 5 hours of each day. I pick up a few hours in the morning and generally finish off into the evening. The only thing she has not done is back up with the trailer but we are working on that currently

If your wife doesn't drive even a little she is missing out on a great feeling of accomplishment. My wife love to drive an is proud to point out lady drivers of big rigs when ever one goes by..
La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #21
Before we even bought the coach the agreement was - we share the driving 50/50. Works out great!
2014 Coachmen Mirada 29DSSE - EEZRV TPMS
ACME Tow Dolly - 2016 Buick LaCrosse
AZCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #22
My DW insisted on learning to drive and how do the set up and tear down on all the RV's we've owned from the TT to the MH's. She now lets me drive when I've been good.

Mike H
Mike & Debbie
2003 36' Monaco Cayman
2007 Saturn Vue "pusher"
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #23
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Dan Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Wong
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
Shoot, I remember some women semi drivers that could literally drive circles around a lot of guys and that was 30 years ago!
Hehehe... I remember watching one of 'Charlies Angel' driving an 18 wheeler, she out drive, out corner, out maneuver all them truck driver. Prettiest women driver I ever seen. :

Dan Wong is offline   Reply With Quote