A few weeks ago I posted a humorous item about those who live in Minnesota. My dear papa told me that "if I was gonna dish it out I needed to learn how to take it, too!" Well, I think I've learned that important lesson in life, so I post this one to prove it.
So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly, and Texan jokes, I offer this:
You know you're from California if:
1. Your coworker has 12 body piercings and none are visible, except when she talks.
2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English and you can understand them.
4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Flower.
6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
9. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
11. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like
George Clooney really is
12. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment, but is still less than your property tax.
13. You can't remember... is pot illegal?
14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH." (especially true in Palm Desert)
15. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers and none of them are playing games.
16. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
18. Both you AND your dog have therapists, psychics, personal trainers and cosmetic surgeons.
19. The Terminator
is your governor.
20. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.