Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-18-2004, 01:01 AM   #15

Actually, with a new park there should not be a problem with trees blocking the satellite dishes unless the campground is being built in a forest. Most new campground have no trees or a few young ones.

But some good points have been made here. If the campground is being built where large existing trees are located, be sure that they do not hang over the campsite. It is too easy for overhanging limbs to damage the rv's roof and other items on the roof.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2004, 05:27 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

At some point you have to decide what set of RVers you are catering to, because their wants & needs are different. Some are really BIG rigs, want lots of amenities and don't really care about a wilderness setting or nature experience. Others are willing to put up with a bit of crowding from trees, less-than-level surfaces and not-so-spacious roads in order to partake in a different environment. Of course, you can have some of each in your park if it is large enough. And with some very careful site planning, you can blend the two with some success, but you (and your office staff) have to keep track of which sites suit which style of RVer and ask each customer what they prefer.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Old 12-21-2004, 05:08 AM   #17

Ok,With trees,
What if! A branch falls on your RV!
Is the CG responsible for the repair?
or your insurance co,?
Has anyone had this to happen.
Who responsible?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A tree limb or tree for that matter, if it fell on your RV would be your responsibility (Act of God) which is not controllable by the campground owner. Unless of course, you could prove neglience on the part of the camp ground owner...such as por maintenance and not taking care of his trees by taking out da\ead or dangerous limbs.

The only way we will stay at a park w/o trees is if the weather is cool, it is just an overnight stop or it is the ONLY place to stay.

If you ever lok at the campgrounds that have sun and shade areas, how come the sites with trees are the first to fill up?

Ken
Old 12-22-2004, 04:26 AM   #19

Thanks TXiceman!
I've allways wondered about that.

(Save the Trees)
Old 12-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Two Bit:
What county in Texas is the park? One is going in close to us and was wondering if it is yours. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This RV park will be located in Wharton, Texas - we are building it on the site of the historical Tee Pee Motel (which will be refurbished).
Old 12-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #21

I have been doing a lot of research on the wants and needs of the RV community and this forum has given me more detailed information. Thank you all so much!!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #22

teepeesue, I'm surprised nobody brought it up earlier, but well-designed and properly sloped dump stations are, in my book, very important.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #23

teepeesue
good luck on your park. The new one close to us is in Edwards County.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:12 PM   #24

Teepeesue,
In looking for a campground/ rv park, i like to stay in the ones that are nice and well maintained. Trees are important. I prefer a long pullthru site as I tow a fifth wheel and dont care for backing up. The sites need to be level!!! Wide streets are greatly appreciated. IMy family and I went to a RV park once that anounced that they were Big Rig friendly. We started down the drive to the park and the road got very narrow and wove between a number of trees. I got to one point and got stuck between some trees with almost no room to manuever. It took us nearly an hour to back up the road to the highway. Did I mention that I hate backing?

Don W.
2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
2004 Thor Jazz XL 3100RL

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
Old 01-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #25

Actually, if a tree or tree limb falls on you, you toad or coach/trailer, the park owner is liable. Same as your house or property. If your tree falls on your neighbors house/car etc. your homeowners is going to pay. When you pay to stay, you have a reasonable right to expect safety. Thats what liability insurance is for.
I vote for no big trees, I have a roof mount and can't move it around.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #26

IMHO, it is possible to have trees that offer some shade but do know over hang the campsite.

In my experience the ones that want shade out number the motorhomes that don't want shade.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
TeepeeSue -

I want to THANK YOU for inquiring about the needs of RV'ers before you begin your park. That shows me a real concern for those you are building the park for! We all have a list of "wants", but as RV'ers we NEED certain things as mentioned in the posts above mine.

As wagonmaster for the TEXAS BOOMERS, I look for other amenities when booking a rally for our group: group rates, rally building or meeting hall, swimming pool, hot tubs, etc. Some are "wants", but others are needs - especially a large building to accomodate a group for meals and activities.

LET THE TEXAS BOOMERS BE THE FIRST TO RALLY AT THE NEW CAMPGROUND IN WHARTON! We'll be watching for the "grand opening"!

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Old 01-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #28

I have to say "amen" to Madame Boomer's post above regarding a shelter or pavillion. I've been involved w/ several camping clubs and although there's a plethora of nice campgrounds out there you can visit, not too many campgounds have pavillion facilities to accomodate groups of 20 to 35 people (or more). Our local Winnie club camps for a three day weekend every month from April thru November here in NE Ohio. We're always looking for new campgrounds to visit, but there aren't that many w/ good shelters (especially in inclement or cold weather). Multi-purpose shelters/pavillions with doors & windows, electric, and a heat source are the minimumm we look for. If they have a small 'kitchen' capability, that's a plus.