Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 AM   #1

Look out owners! Get your ducks in a row and have options! Our campground liability went up 150% this year!!!! We have never had a claim at all!! There are few companies in the US that will write a campground A10 with KOA as additional insured. It's no wonder campgrounds are raising there rates!! What set all this off is an inspector was here to look at the campground and wrote $1800.00 more into the policy on top of the renewal increase of over 100% because we have 2 retention ponds and an excercise room for our guests. The ponds are less than 2 feet deep!!!! Makes you want to just get out of the business!

WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE STUPID LAWERS AND JUDGES THAT GIVE MILLIONS FOR SPILLING COFFEE! GET REAL AND TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS! (not aimed at anyone in general)

2000 F250 4x4 6spd PSD 3.73 Western Diesel Chip, Guages & Ram-Air.
My Truck 94,000 Miles. My Campground Southeast Diesel rally North Florida Dealer for Western Diesel Performance, Ultra Hitch goosneck adapters American fuel/tool tanks and Jordan Brake Controllers.

Got rid of my junk 03 6.0 diesel!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 AM   #2

Look out owners! Get your ducks in a row and have options! Our campground liability went up 150% this year!!!! We have never had a claim at all!! There are few companies in the US that will write a campground A10 with KOA as additional insured. It's no wonder campgrounds are raising there rates!! What set all this off is an inspector was here to look at the campground and wrote $1800.00 more into the policy on top of the renewal increase of over 100% because we have 2 retention ponds and an excercise room for our guests. The ponds are less than 2 feet deep!!!! Makes you want to just get out of the business!

WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE STUPID LAWERS AND JUDGES THAT GIVE MILLIONS FOR SPILLING COFFEE! GET REAL AND TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS! (not aimed at anyone in general)

2000 F250 4x4 6spd PSD 3.73 Western Diesel Chip, Guages & Ram-Air.
My Truck 94,000 Miles. My Campground Southeast Diesel rally North Florida Dealer for Western Diesel Performance, Ultra Hitch goosneck adapters American fuel/tool tanks and Jordan Brake Controllers.

Got rid of my junk 03 6.0 diesel!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #3

Matt

Just opened a letter from our insurance agent and it idicated they were changing the underwriter again. Just last year they changed to this one. I think the whole deal is to prepare Sandy and me for another rate increase.

One of my pet peeves. We have to have insurance and they know it, and a sure fire guarantee, the insurance agent, underwriter and the like will never lose money. They just jack the rates at will. Those of us out in the world trying to make an honest living are forced to raise our rates which creates resistance from our customer and no doubt causes some to boondock sometimes in dangerous or less desirable places.

Take care Matt and send your winter guests this way when you the spring weather sends them out.

Terry
Sallisaw OK
Old 02-01-2003, 04:23 PM   #4

Terry,
Some of what you say may be true, but as an Insurance Agent for over 25 years I can tell you this is the toughest time I have seen to even find coverage for my clients.
If you agent has not told you I will, there WILL BE increases this year on your renewal, even if you are squeaky clean.
I don't know when you renew, but start pushing him for some price indications early. Indications, which he will hate to give you, are generally available from the brokers/underwriters he uses. Agents don't like to give them out because it 1.. Is not firm, and if it goes higher you will remind him forever about the "indication" he lied to you about. 2. It will encourage you to go out to market and check with other agents to obtain alternate quotes.
If you want any help feel free to e-mail me at the office at mitchell@ioa-insurance.com
If nothing else I can give you questions that will let him know he best get on his toes to find you the best possible deal.

Lou & Robin Mitchell
2001 36W Itasca Sunflyer
Yellow Lab."Chloe", a Fat Cat "Grey", a Cockatiel "Pepper", and a African Grey "Newt"; they go where we go !!
FLORIDA BOOMER
Old 02-02-2003, 06:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
LAWSUITS - it is today's version of retirement planning.

Old enough to know better...Too young to care
<font color=rosybrown>2002 Kountry Star FW-30RKCL</font> by Newmar
<font color=lightslategray>2002 GMC 3500</font> Duramax/Allison
<font color=blue>2000 FLHTCU/I</font> by Harley-Davidson

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Old 02-03-2003, 12:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K-Star:
LAWSUITS - it is today's version of retirement planning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not only that. Recently, insurance companies have made excellent income from their investment of collected premiums. This came from stocks, bonds, loans, etc. With the stock market in the tank and interest rates so low, these investments aren't paying off (like this is news to any of us). Therefore, those that pay the premiums are going to get hit with the shortfall.

Not being in the insurance business, I'm certainly not defending it - it's just fact. The insurance rate increases I've seen this year totally burn me up as well.

Rusty

----------------------
Tower - 2002 Dodge 3500 Cummins HO/6 speed/4.10LS SLT+ QC LB dually
Towee - 2000 Jayco Designer XL 3610RLTS 36' triple slide 5ver
Travel Companions - Our two Shelties, Brittany and the Bandit!
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!

« - | Our New Website »