Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:30 PM   #1

I need input on Private campground owner's do they let guest was there rigs and what price do they charge for washing there rig
Thanks Peggy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2003, 06:30 PM   #2

I need input on Private campground owner's do they let guest was there rigs and what price do they charge for washing there rig
Thanks Peggy

Old 09-02-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Peggy,

Some will and others won't. Check the campground's rules or inquire at the office.

While traveling out west this summer, I found most of them out that way would not permit rig or tow vehicle washing.

Richard

2002 HitchHiker Discovery towed with a 2002 Ford Powerstroke Diesel F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6 speed Dually.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:30 AM   #4

Peggy, most campground do not let you wash your rig at the campsite, unless you just use a bucket (no water hose). Some have a "special wash area" where you are permitted to wash the rig. Sometimes this is just a out of the way area with a water hose attached to a faucet. Usually this is free but I have seen one that charged $10.00. Sometimes there is a "detail" service that will come to the site and detail the rig for a fee or move the rig to the wash area to wash it for you.

Since you own a campground, I am curious what your thoughts are? To let them wash or to not let them wash? What ever you decide, be sure to list it in the campground rules and expect to have several violations.

My thoughts...let the long term monthly renters and work campers wash their rigs at the site so they will have nice looking rigs as long as you can have their sites away from the overnighters.

Old 09-03-2003, 03:29 AM   #5

Peggy we use to keep our camper on a permanent lot at a campground and we could not wash it...I would have paid to wash it...It got so grimey sitting under the trees...I think it makes the campground look bad when you see unkept campers...There's nothing worse than that...You might could specify that it has to be done on an off day when you're not full up or worried about water pressure...Pat
Old 09-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #6

Thanks for the input. We have let our guest wash there rig at no charge on there site which is gravel.
We have had a couple of rigs that have stop to us our dump station and inquiry how much we charge to wash there rig so I didnt know what the going rate is for washing a rig.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:24 AM   #7

It would make my day if I was at a campsite and the local girl scouts/cheerleader/church youth group would come wash my TT while I was off fishing/sight seeing. A controlled group that did it often would know how to use a bucket to conserve water. Maybe leave the money with the CG operator and make sure my windows were shut.

29' Four Winds 29QB/Pac-n-Play, '01 GMC Savana 3500 Extended Hi-Top Conversion, 8.1L

(fka TonyT)
Old 09-04-2003, 04:15 AM   #8

Tony,

That's a great idea, I've often joked to the DH when we've seen fundraiser car washes "quick honey, lets run home and hook up the trailer!" Maybe next time I should ask them if they'd do it, you never know! I'd even pay 3x the normal $5 donation!!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:00 AM   #9

WE no longer have anything on our site map about washing vehicles but that was mainly to simplify the map and eliminate the "no" this and that stuff. Too negative. People always seem to ask about washing and such and when they do it gives us a chance to go over the ground rules. Mainly what we are after is no excessive water that will leave a puddle or create a soft spot that can cause a rut or a lasting problem. Our campers have been very understanding and we have not had any problems. The water is good for our trees.

Terry
Sallisaw OK Koa
Old 10-20-2003, 02:39 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> eliminate the "no" this and that stuff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terry, do you have a written set of rules posted somewhere so they will know "what the rules are"? If the rules are not on the site map or a handout sheet and not posted anywhere how can you enforce them. Rules do not have to be No this and No that...

The three most important should be:
1: Quite hours such as 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
2: Pets on a leash such as "no more than" 6 ft
3: Speed limit for driving in the park is something like 10 mph.

See who I am:

http://pages.ivillage.com/workersonthego/

Old 10-20-2003, 11:00 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClassAct:
1: Quite hours such as 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, the vampire campgound.

I HOPE you intended to say 10:00 pm to 7:00 am?

Tony
(fka TonyT)
29' Four Winds 29QB/Pac-n-Play, '01 GMC Savana 3500 Extended Hi-Top Conversion, 8.1L

(fka TonyT)
Old 10-20-2003, 01:19 PM   #12

Thanks, Tony

It must have been a senior moment.

Or maybe a campground for night workers??? They go to work at 10 pm and get home at 7 am !LOL

See who I am:

http://pages.ivillage.com/workersonthego/

Old 10-21-2003, 05:08 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peggy:
We have had a couple of rigs that have stopped to use our dump station and inquired how much we charge to wash their rig. I didn't know what the going rate is for washing a rig.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There was a rig-washing service that came through Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville, TX. I believe he was charging $1.00 per foot of length. If you're referring to what campgrounds charge to "do it yourself", I recall paying a flat $5.00 fee the last time I was charged.

Edit: The campground we stopped by this weekend advertised that "We Wash RV's". Their going rate was $1.75 per foot with a $50.00 minimum! Inflation has set in, I suppose...

Rusty

----------------------
Tower - 2002 Dodge 3500 Cummins HO/6 speed/4.10LS SLT+ QC LB dually
Towee - 2000 Jayco Designer XL 3610RLTS 36' triple slide 5ver
Travel Companions - Our two Shelties, Brittany and the Bandit!
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally AND at the 2004 iRV2.com National Rally in Boerne, TX

[This message was edited by RustyJC on Mon October 27 2003 at 12:28 PM.]
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 03-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been to Florida and many CGs allow you to wash your rig and/or provide an area. The reason being it does make the CG look better than to have some really dirty rigs lying about.

2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U W22 Workhorse Chassis with 22.5" wheels
Sugar and Spice our Shih Tzus

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus

« Site Tax? | - »