Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:14 PM   #1

I'm looking to install some new entrance and exit signs. I'm looking for a unique but firm way to get "Visitors" to check into the office before entering. I have some small signs but we are not getting the message across. I am also looking for a unique sign to say thanks for camping with us and make sure everything is in place before leaving. Any ideas out there?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2003, 03:14 PM   #2

I'm looking to install some new entrance and exit signs. I'm looking for a unique but firm way to get "Visitors" to check into the office before entering. I have some small signs but we are not getting the message across. I am also looking for a unique sign to say thanks for camping with us and make sure everything is in place before leaving. Any ideas out there?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:57 PM   #3

First of all, get lights for the enter & exit signs. Does all your traffic go past the office? Do you use the card that go on the mirror for all the campers? Maybe if you'd put up a sign that says ALL cars must have a card or they will be towed (or trespassing) is a way to get them to stop. I don't know where you are from, but if you give me your e-mail address I'd send a sign for you to use. Not a picture, but in writing. lh2388@gte.net

Sue <><
DH (Larry)
2 Boxers, Duke & Dutchess
2001 36' Allegro Bay
1999 F 150 toad
Brake Buddy

DH (Larry) <><
Old 09-10-2003, 01:41 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> firm way to get "Visitors" to check into the office before entering. I have some small signs but we are not getting the message across. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Insteed of a small signs, try a big "Stop" sign. Under "stop", add "all guests and visitor must register". This should be at the entrance right by the office. Most campers know the routine. This is also for their protection.

A sign thats say "Thanks and come back to see us!" at the exit should be enough.

BTW, what is the name of your campground and where are you located?

See who I am:

http://pages.ivillage.com/workersonthego/

Old 09-10-2003, 04:20 AM   #5

Keep any signs you put up clear and concise. Don't try to be too wordy, it will never get read. Keep it Simple!
I would also suggest, if you don't already, that you send someone out to clean up a site after a customer leaves. There is nothing worse than pulling into a site to find butts, bottles, dog droppings and assorted trash from the previous occupant. We even had a site where the guy had apparently changed his oil on the concrete pad - a real mess that the campground owner should have taken care of before putting us on that site.

Florida Boomers Member

I have gone to look for myself ... If I should return before I get back, please keep me here

Ed
Andrea
Teddy (black Shih Tzu)
Nickie (Apple head Chihuahua)
36' Carriage w/ backup camera (11,800#'s loaded)
F350 PSD Dually with Hypertech chip, Prodigy, and other toys (6840#'s loaded)

<A HREF="http://www.desoto.net/users/haller/travel" TARGET=_blank>
Our Home Page</A>

Andrea
Old 09-10-2003, 04:27 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
A thoughtful sign I saw while exiting the Louisville South KOA asks:

"are your steps up?"

"Is your antenna lowered?"

Happy Camping

1996 Ford HD F-250 SC SB PSD 5sp 4.10
2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS TT
1986 Coleman Laramie Pop-Up
Old 09-10-2003, 05:57 AM   #7

It depends on how much you want to spend and how serious you are about the problem. I have seen camp grounds with gates at the entrance and spikes at the exit. That way to get into the camp ground you have to have the code for the gate and to get that you have to go through the office. Other camp grounds just have security guards that ride around and watch for those that do not stop at the office. The gate at the entrance is the securest that I know of to keep people out of the camp ground with out permision.

adjuster
Old 11-29-2003, 05:41 AM   #8

We are at a state park that has a stop sign at the entrance. It says honk for day use and pull over and park for campers. Now in a state park a stop sign is a real "stop sign". We could give anyone who does not stop a traffic violation for not stopping. You wouldn't believe the number of people who never stop. Usually it is because they have an annual pass, but if they don't stop we don't know that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have seen camp grounds with gates at the entrance and spikes at the exit. That way to get into the camp ground you have to have the code for the gate and to get that you have to go through the office. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably going to be the next step to trying to get them to stop. Sad that tax dollars will be spent just to get people to stop.

Click to see who Sierra is:

http://pages.ivillage.com/sierra75142/