Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:42 AM   #1

Hi all
We have open a small campground in Alabama and need input from RV'ers. We cater to Senior's and overnight Guest.Stop by our site and give me some ideals on adding more info to our site. and what top 10 things Rv'ers look for at a campground

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2003, 07:42 AM   #2

Hi all
We have open a small campground in Alabama and need input from RV'ers. We cater to Senior's and overnight Guest.Stop by our site and give me some ideals on adding more info to our site. and what top 10 things Rv'ers look for at a campground

Old 08-26-2003, 07:46 AM   #3

[This message was edited by Peggy on Wed August 27 2003 at 01:23 PM.]
Old 08-26-2003, 09:00 AM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Peggy;

You have lots of great info there, but you forgot the most important thing. We love pictures... Got to have a few so we see shade trees, any amenities. how close to Huntsville Space and Rocket center? Just my thoughts

Jim (SSG US Army Ret.) and Cheri (TSG Phx ANG ) Mesa ,AZ
99 Coleman Bayside
Old 08-26-2003, 09:25 AM   #5

Is you location in a spot to be a desination "RV Resort" or an overnight stopover type campground and which do you want to be or are in a position to be. Overnight spots can have electric only, electric and water, or full hook up with easy access and egress normally pull through type spots. Destination campground fancier sites wit cable, full hook up, patio and generally are rented for several days or weeks and are a bit more "scenic".

Richard and Babs
and a Bob Tail Cat
97 Beaver Patriot
BAC Member
http://www.floridaboomers.com/

and a Bob Tail Cat
Old 08-26-2003, 09:36 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kablewizard:
Peggy;

You have lots of great info there, but you forgot the most important thing. We love pictures... Got to have a few so we see shade trees, any amenities. how close to Huntsville Space and Rocket center? Just my thoughts

Jim (SSG US Army Ret.) and Cheri (TSG Phx ANG ) Mesa ,AZ
99 Coleman Bayside
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Photo's of our Park/ B&B
amenities: Bathouse, weight equipment,internet access on lot 9 and card room,tanning bed,access to washer & dryer, freeze for guest to use, screen-in room for card playing
Huntsville Space and Rocket center 20 mins
The Unclaimed Baggage Center 5 mins
Old 08-26-2003, 09:47 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat:
Is you location in a spot to be a desination "RV Resort" or an overnight stopover type campground and which do you want to be or are in a position to be. Overnight spots can have electric only, electric and water, or full hook up with easy access and egress normally pull through type spots. Destination campground fancier sites wit cable, full hook up, patio and generally are rented for several days or weeks and are a bit more "scenic".

Richard and Babs
and a Bob Tail Cat
97 Beaver Patriot
BAC Member
http://www.floridaboomers.com/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the input we are a overnight stopover type campground We have had some guest stay as long as 6 weeks (construction workers)
We have 10 FHU 2 are pull-thru and 4 horse stall for guest traveling with horses. Pets welcome
Old 08-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree with Kablewizard. The more general pics of your CG the better. Wide angle shots of sites (not just close ups), surroundings, bathhouses...etc would be helpful.

Some other suggestons: There seems to be a lot of dead space between lines spread out on your site. Try to close the gaps to make for easier reading. Please include the web-links to the area attractions you list. The "Make A Reservation or Inquiry" is yellow on a white background - very hard to read. Is that a disabled link or do we click on the EMAIL icon?
I don't have a "top 10", but I do have a top 3:
1-Friendly, helpful staff (if you treat us right, we'll be back & recommend you to our friends)
2-Safe, well-lit location (we want ourselves & our kids to feel secure during our visit)
3-Clean, obstacle-free sites (a well-kept CG is a sign the owners care)
Good luck with your endeavor!

Dave & Lori Stewart
2001 Aerolite 25FBR w/Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 4.7LV8 3.55rar

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-26-2003, 02:13 PM   #9

What size are sites? Gravel or dirt road and sites? How close to major highways? Price seems about right. Forget about trying to please everyone,we all want different things in a campground. Just make it clean and friendly.
Joe
Old 08-26-2003, 05:56 PM   #10

Definately add some "inline" pictures to the page!!! You don't need many, but a few to let the potential visitor "See" what you have to offer!

*Cliff*
2004 Trail Cruiser C-23B
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gone Camping " net
Victory Lane Online
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.

2004 Trail Cruiser C-23B
Old 08-27-2003, 03:01 AM   #11

Thanks for the input it has help me alot I spent the day revamping my webpage and you give me good ideals for our campground
Old 08-28-2003, 07:54 AM   #12

Level spaces; W/E/S located on proper side of site and reachable without extension cords or additional W/S hoses; clearly marked sites at front of site; firepits; clean restrooms; caring staff; decent sized sites; well-stocked store; pet friendly, but make folks pick up after their dogs.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:31 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>what top 10 things Rv'ers look for at a campground <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Size of sites is Number 1. You must have some sites for big rigs at least 40 x 70 or larger when you consider 40' motorhome with a toad or a long bed pickup with a 40' travel trailer.

2. Level sites. This is the 2nd consideration. A nice level concrete pad is preferred. Must be level so that the refridge is not damaged.

3. FHU has to be 3rd!

4. Shade trees around the site so the RV is shaded has to be Number 4!

5. Clean bath house. Whether I use it or not, it speaks for they way the campground is run.

6. Store with some basic RV supplies and enough groceries to a day - breakfast, lunch & dinner.

7. Patio area so we can set our lawn chairs under the awning.

8. Picnic table and fire ring.

9. Friendly and caring staff with smiles!

10. Reasonable rates - probably might have been Number One!

Good luck with your campground, maybe we will stop by one of these days!

See who I am:

http://pages.ivillage.com/workersonthego/

Old 08-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #14

Hi ClassAct
Thanks for the input. Stop by anytime the coffee pots always on