Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Campground Operators
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #1

Starke KOA Presented with Gold Plus Award

January 3, 2002 Billings, MT Kampgrounds of America, Inc. recently honored Starke KOA owners, John and Deborah Steffen along with their son, Matt and his wife Ronda, with a Gold Plus Rating and the Advisors Choice award for their outstanding facility and operation.

The Gold plus rating is the highest KOA Kampground rating award. KOA Quality Assurance Advisors visit each campground every year to conduct a thorough, 600-point review of each KOA. During that review, advisors evaluate everything from the entrance sign to bathroom cleanliness. To achieve the Gold Plus Rating, the campground must score high in all areas and surpass the already first-rate standards of the KOA Quality Assurance program.

"Campers expect more from KOA Kampgrounds," said Jim Rogers, KOA Inc. President and CEO, "and that's why we place such importance on setting our standards high and rewarding those who surpass them. KOA's standards and quality assurance reviews are unmatched in our industry and have played a major role in making KOA "#1 for Good Clean Fun."

The Steffen family also received a Gold Plus Award for the Starke KOA in 2001, the same year they received the Royal Flush award for having the cleanest restrooms in the KOA system, and the prestigious KOA Rising Star Award as the best new campground owners in the KOA system.

Established in Billings, Mont. in 1962, Kampgrounds of America, Inc. is the franchised campground industry leader. KOA offers RV, tent, Kamping Kabin and Kottage sites at campground locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Japan. Currently, KOA has over 500 franchised campgrounds, and fourteen company operated properties that are open to the public. For more information, visit Kampgrounds of America on the Internet at www.koa.com, the most visited camping Web site in the world.

It's nice to get a little recognition for our hard work around here!

2000 F250 4x4 6spd PSD 3.73 Western Diesel Chip, Guages & Ram-Air.
My Truck 83,000 Miles. My Campground Southeast Diesel rally North Florida Dealer for Western Diesel Performance, Ultra Hitch goosneck adapters American fuel/tool tanks and Jordan Brake Controllers.

Got rid of my junk 03 6.0 diesel!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #2

Starke KOA Presented with Gold Plus Award

January 3, 2002 Billings, MT Kampgrounds of America, Inc. recently honored Starke KOA owners, John and Deborah Steffen along with their son, Matt and his wife Ronda, with a Gold Plus Rating and the Advisors Choice award for their outstanding facility and operation.

The Gold plus rating is the highest KOA Kampground rating award. KOA Quality Assurance Advisors visit each campground every year to conduct a thorough, 600-point review of each KOA. During that review, advisors evaluate everything from the entrance sign to bathroom cleanliness. To achieve the Gold Plus Rating, the campground must score high in all areas and surpass the already first-rate standards of the KOA Quality Assurance program.

"Campers expect more from KOA Kampgrounds," said Jim Rogers, KOA Inc. President and CEO, "and that's why we place such importance on setting our standards high and rewarding those who surpass them. KOA's standards and quality assurance reviews are unmatched in our industry and have played a major role in making KOA "#1 for Good Clean Fun."

The Steffen family also received a Gold Plus Award for the Starke KOA in 2001, the same year they received the Royal Flush award for having the cleanest restrooms in the KOA system, and the prestigious KOA Rising Star Award as the best new campground owners in the KOA system.

Established in Billings, Mont. in 1962, Kampgrounds of America, Inc. is the franchised campground industry leader. KOA offers RV, tent, Kamping Kabin and Kottage sites at campground locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Japan. Currently, KOA has over 500 franchised campgrounds, and fourteen company operated properties that are open to the public. For more information, visit Kampgrounds of America on the Internet at www.koa.com, the most visited camping Web site in the world.

It's nice to get a little recognition for our hard work around here!

2000 F250 4x4 6spd PSD 3.73 Western Diesel Chip, Guages & Ram-Air.
My Truck 83,000 Miles. My Campground Southeast Diesel rally North Florida Dealer for Western Diesel Performance, Ultra Hitch goosneck adapters American fuel/tool tanks and Jordan Brake Controllers.

Got rid of my junk 03 6.0 diesel!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Congratulations Matt, job well done.

I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication from you, your family, and the folks you employ to earn such an award. As a fellow RV'r, I for one appreciate your efforts to maintain such high standards.

Hopefully, other campgrounds will follow your example and maintain the same standards. On my next trip down to Florida, I'll make an effort to route myself that way so I can stop in and say hello.

I'll see y'all at the third annual National iRV2 Rally being held in Nashville in June '03!!

Richard

2002 Hitchhiker Discovery towed with a 2002 Ford Powerstroke Diesel F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6 speed Dually.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #4

Congatulations Matt! Glad to see a Florida CG received the award.
We will make it a point to plan a stay at your CG as we roam Florida during the winter months.

Dan & Elaine
2002 Coachmen 31' Mirada

2004 Damon Intruder
Old 01-04-2003, 04:24 AM   #5

Congrats Matt! I'm just back home from a trip thru Florida and based on your posts on this forum and a visit to your website, I made a point of detouring thru Starke to stay at your park on 12/29.

It's apparent from the time you enter the park that this is a well run operation - the folks in the office made a great first impression. The park is nicely laid out, spotlessly clean and I can see why you have "award winning" bathrooms.

I have stayed at many KOA's thru the years, and like many folks on this forum, my experiences have varied widely. I only wish some of the other park owners would stay with you for a week or two and take some lessons home with them.

I'll see you next time I head south.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:33 AM   #6

Very well done. Congrats. No plans to travel to FL in the near future, but would like to see the place some day.

Ken Lenger
Dodge 2001.9 2500 QC 4X4 LWB SLT HO 6 Speed, 4.10 LSD. Jordan Brake Controller, Jacobs E-Brake.
Artic Fox 27-5L 5th Wheel, RV Modifications, & Other RV Topics RV Solar Electric System
RV and Tow Vehicle Weights, an exercise in reality
Old 01-04-2003, 07:24 AM   #7

Congratulations!

Carl&Jan Chapman Fulltimers.. F350 PSD.. Hallmark slide-in.. Arctic Fox TT..
Old 01-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
You're a class act and we at iRV2 are very fortunate to have you aboard!

Tania and I are planning on staying at your campground during our next visit to Florida.

Dave

<LI> Register Here for National * Order iRV2 Stickers Here
<LI>1998 40' TRAVEL SUPREME Triple Slide Homepage <LI>1999.5 FORD F-450 PSD w/Fontaine Bed Photo Albums
<LI>NASCAR FANS - GO Jarrett #88 & B Labonte #18
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
Old 01-04-2003, 02:40 PM   #9

Although we just around the bend, we will come over for a long weekend sometime, just to get away from our Jacksonville home.... It's always nice to know of a good spot to popup at....usually we go up to Little Talbot, but do appreciate the comforts of a well run KOA, and this one sure sounds like that. We have driven by several times going to Gainesville or Ocala and my wife {dyankee47}, always comments on how nice the KOA looks from the highway....

Will be visiting sometime in the future.

Jim in Jacksonville

Live simply, that others may simply live.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:13 PM   #10

Congratulations....I'm in a similar business and know it's not easy to get the job done and keep everyone(most of them) happy. You have a lot to be proud of and I will make sure our trip to Fl includes a stay with you.

Jim Hutch
03 Prowler Lynx 830y
01 Burb 2500 LT 6Lt 3.73
00 GMC Safari awd
Reese W/D and D/C, Prodigy controller
Old 01-05-2003, 08:30 AM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
John & Deborah;

Outstanding! We are indeed very proud to have you folks as contributing members here on iRV2. If you're in the neighborhood come and see us in Tampa next week at the Supershow. We'll be at booth #323.

<font color=blue>01 Winnebago 37G/Workhorse W20 " Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"</font color>
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 01-05-2003, 12:11 PM   #12

Congratulations! Never been to your place yet. Plan on going down that way sometime early fall, will be honored to meet you.

Scouser.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:52 PM   #13

I got my 2003 directory today and noticed this entry:
"Dig into spaghetti and meatballs at the Starke, Florida KOA"
Also, what happened to the ratings in the directory?
Edit: I just went to the KOA web site and created some feedback.

26' Dutchman BH, '01 GMC Savana 3500 Extended Hi-Top Conversion, 8.1L

[This message was edited by TonyT on January 10, 2003 at 07:49 PM.]

(fka TonyT)
Old 05-11-2003, 08:51 AM   #14

Hi,

Congratulations John and Deb Matt and Rhonda on receiving this award two years in a row. We were there in early March and enjoyed our stay although it rained. We will make plans to visit again in the future.

Dan * Sally
Douber1 @ Juno.com