Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #1

1000 island area NY

Planning a trip to this area for the summer.

Suggestion of campgrounds and worth while sites to visit would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doc C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

I stayed at association island a few years back. It has quite a history and it's right on the lake. The campground needed some updating but the location is real nice. Much to do locally for a few days.
tomgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
A long time ago when I had my first motorhome we stayed in at Merry Knoll Campground in Clayton, NY. It was a very nice campground and had big sites. It also had a boat launch into the St Lawrence River.

While there take a Sam Tour to Bolt Island and in fact just take the boat ride. You also can go across the river via a bridge into Canada and then into Kingston. While on the bridge climb the tower that gives the view of the 1000 islands. From there take the ferry to Wolf Island and then another ferry to Cape Vincent back to the states and then Rt 12 back to Clayton.

We really enjoyed our trip there, however we went trailered a boat which was a lot more fun into the river. In fact I used the boat to go to the locks in Kingston which are operated by hand.

You can also go to Messina and see the lock and the power station.

Enjoy!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Foz

We used to go every year when I was younger. One of the best places is Wellesley Island State Perk. Large facility with 400+ sites. Only about 60 EWS, and around 100 Electric sites, but what a great place. It has a nature center & a marina. I-81 north over the first bridge span.