Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #1

Great weekend despite the rainy/cold weather. Took the mother-in-law and father-in-law for their first RV trip ever. TT Orlando was great as always. It still amazes me how many empty spots there are down in the woods by the lake. I guess everyone wants to be near the Rec Center

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #2

Great weekend despite the rainy/cold weather. Took the mother-in-law and father-in-law for their first RV trip ever. TT Orlando was great as always. It still amazes me how many empty spots there are down in the woods by the lake. I guess everyone wants to be near the Rec Center

2005 Honda Element
Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Bruce,

On two separate visits we stayed in the "woods" for up to three weeks. It is kind of neat - almost like what camping is supposed to look like. In the other areas, with their lack of vegetation, your neighbor is right there next to you. At some spots in the "woods" it's almost hard to see any neighbors.

I guess it is nice to have the choice.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #4

Frank, you are spot on! Nice area with something for everyone. Have you stayed at the Peace River TT preserve? We stayed there in December and had a spot right on the river.

2005 Honda Element
Old 01-22-2008, 03:16 AM   #5

Bruce,
I actually prefer Peace River during the summer months as it seems to be cooler down by the water under the canopy of trees. We should see how many members of iRV2 belong to TT and see about a little get together one weekend.

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM   #6

Derek, I think me and my wife lean toward Peace River also. Family wise the Orlando TT is nice because there are so many non-TT activities near by. At Peace River everyone has to be into just RV activities. We have an inflatable kayak so that gives us some options. When is the next time you are heading to Peace River?

2005 Honda Element
Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Peace River is a very nice park. But - I wouldn't want to be there in a rainy time. You may have noticed their CG map indicates the lower area as being in a flood plain. Now, it's a rare occasion when the river floods but during heavy rain that whole area gets quite soggy.

When you go to Peace River ask for directions to the Lippizaner horse farm where you can watch free demonstrations.

There is another place in the area, known as Solomon's Castle, cobbled together by an artist type. He made sculptures out of anything imaginable. Really an amazing place. Ask about it and they'll tell you how to get there.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #8

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I believe Peace River is an ROD resort as well. Maybe we can check it out sometime. </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote