Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
I hope your camping adventures get better. They almost have to after that.

No, This wasn't normal snowfall for this time of year. It was sort of a fluke. This week is to warm back up to seasonal weather.

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
I hope you do not let this dampen your camping spirit. The weather is totally unpredictable so just file the experience under "its just camping". This will give you something to talk about around the campfire for the rest of your lives. Cheers to you and yours!

Fordiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
We're in Southeastern PA and had about 2-3 inches with the Nor'easter-

We heard that October snow has only been recorded 5 times since record keeping. So ... very, very unusual...
We had about 6" on our side of Front Royal, but over in Winchester it was only about 2". A friend near Carlisle PA had 12".

You know, we could all blame this on global warming, or climate change or whatever that crowd calls it today.
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
Ouch! Snow is my worst nightmare. Here in Fl. we are in the same "boat".... We actually need a boat. We have had 14 inches of rain in the past week and right now there is over a foot of water surrounding our 5th.... I'm waiting for the 5th to start sinking.... or floating away... and it's still raining...
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I know folks who say the good thing about clouds is the sliver linings.

With a maiden voyage this "Interesting" It's got to get easier next trip out.

You have survived, No major Damage. That's the good thing.

I gather the furnace worked (Wish mine did) that too is a good thing.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
You know, we could all blame this on global warming, or climate change or whatever that crowd calls it today.
I think all the space exploration Has thrown the earth's orbit into an elipse; That or all the money DC has thrown at other countries has put the balance of the earth into a wobble!
Tom - Retired OTR 20 years 2 million mile club - 1984 Diamond Maxi
I love everybody! Even some above ground!
GMRHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
What I can't figure out is why all the leaves on the trees yet. I live in N.PA about 30 south of NY stateline and the leaves have been off the trees for 2 weeks now. My only question is why park under a tree? It's not hot out.
jimbo16720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Panther Lake RV location is setup like a Rally field and most every site has it's own tree
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #23
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You were warm and dry,
no one got hurt,
no damage,
no bugs,
no reservations.
You have been initiated - Welcome to the club.
Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
Your trips should get better. Really doesn't sound all that bad, no trips to the ER, no RV's destroyed. Just inconvenience. We would not mind being snowed in for a couple days at all. All snuggly in our own private world...
2012 Montana 3582RL
Automobilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #25
Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Glad to hear everyone was safe. no personnal injuries. We spent last weekend in northern Virginia in the shenandoah valley for the "fall colors" We also were shocked at the weather when we woke up on Saturday morning. Only I had forgotten to take in the awning!!!. No damage to the awning, but myself with the cleanup. tree limbs were coming down about 10 feet from our mh. My first indoctrination to driving a mh in snow. Great cardiac workout!!!!!. safe travels.
henryn,2017 thor Freedom Elite 23H, Smithfield NC
Hank, and Murphy( our four legged little guy)
henryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #26
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Automobilist
Uh, isn't that white stuff pretty normal for the east coast starting about now?
Not at all. The most snow ever in Newark NJ for the entire month of October was 0.3 inches. We had 6 inches in a few hours. We were out of power for 54 hours (NEVER lost power for more than an hour in the 40 years I've lived here in NJ). Many portions of our town are still out. The leaves are still green on the trees.

BTW, Panther Lake is a dump IMHO. Literally, we often pay to use their dump station on the way home There are nicer places to go in the NJ/PA area. Mallon-Dickenson County park is one of our favorites.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
It is nerve racking to have tree limbs ,and trees falling all around.Back in 1982 when hurricane Alicia came in ,we went to Chain of Lakes{which is now closed} About 100 miles north of Galveston.Thank God on ones camper got hit but all we heard for about 10 hrs. Your laying in bed waiting for that thud that was you camper.so I know what it was like.Trees sound like a wrecking bar pulling out large nails then they split.a side bar when Ike came in I told my neighbor,Now is the time to leave!They stayed I lost 20 trees in my yard.One oak tree that trunk was four feet in diameter had 3 limbs on it. They won't do that again.
Old Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smitty, that's what lifetime memories are made of!!!

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote