Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
3 Day get away in GA

Is there anyone here from Georgia? I will be taking care of the 2 grandchildren for 3 day. there age 11 and 3and half yea I no that's a big difference brother/sis. there parents going off due to wk and I'm going to keep the little darlings so I thought we'd go off in the "MH" to keep em busy. this is going to take place June one. gezze that's coming soon.
could take em to Stone Mt. but would like to do something that might be a little more fun. any suggstion ??

bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Well, there are the GA State Parks:
Recreation | Georgia Department of Natural Resources

But for kid type entertainment, its hard to beat the Georgia Aquarium, the Zoo and 6 flags which are both in the Atlanta area.

We like to go down to Callaway Gardens and Columbus but I don't think either of those places register very high on the kid's Richter scale.

Just say'n

J.J. Hayden (KN4SH)
Covington, GA
2005 National Dolphin 5342
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Look up the man made beach. I think it's in jonesboro. A few minutes south
anewtoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Hi bjo,
Consider Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. It is not far from Atlanta. There is quite bit to do that both kids will enjoy. There are many CGs to stay at. Go to East Tennessee Region - Tennessee Vacation and take a look. There is also Dollywood. Go to Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country | Dolly Parton's Smoky Mountain Vacation Destination and take a look. Inside and outside things to do (in case of rain) Smoky Mountain National Park about 10 miles away.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Try Mountian lakes in Cleveland. Lots in the area and at the campground.
"Life is a Journey. Enjoy the Ride"
2004 Winnebago Journey 39K w/ 330 Cummins on a Workhorse Chasis (rare but no problems yet).
slick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try Jekyll Island. Water park, mini golf, bike paths, horseback riding, fishing, beaches and numerous other activities for kids and grownups.

Locate Camping Facilities on the Georgia Coast - Jekyll Island, GA Jekyll Island

Campground also has cable.

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
There's Chehaw at Albany, Ga. Neat zoo, campground on site, and other activities for kids. Welcome to Chehaw | Chehaw, Nature's Playground | Albany, Georgia
I'M TRYING to be awesome today, but I'M EXHAUSTED from being so freakin' AWESOME YESTERDAY!
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
I'd highly recommend Fort Mountain State Park near Elijay. Good campsites, a pretty little lake... but the real treat is the old stone fortifications at the top of the mountain. A complete mystery surrounds who built it, but it was prior to even the Cherokee inhabitation of the area. Speculation ranges from a lost group of Welsh explorers prior to 1492.... and the Indian legends about the "Moon-eyed people" who had blond hair. Similar forts have been located on the Duck River in Tenn. It's a great historical mystery for kids (of all ages). The approach from Elijay is far more curvey and demanding than the route from Chatsworth.
Copperline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
Pine mountain has Callaway Gardens and there is also a wild animal safari park. My kids are 4 and 2 and they love Stone Mtn. Lots of neat activities for the kids to do at the park during the laser show and then the laser show at night. Check out their web site for all of their new activities. Lake Lanier also has nice campgrounds, one has their own small water park.
Rockytop77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #10

Originally Posted by rockytop77 View Post
pine mountain has callaway gardens and there is also a wild animal safari park. My kids are 4 and 2 and they love stone mtn. Lots of neat activities for the kids to do at the park during the laser show and then the laser show at night. Check out their web site for all of their new activities. Lake lanier also has nice campgrounds, one has their own small water park.

i would second pine mountain and callaway, the rv park there is pine mt. Rv resort or the roosevelt state park, i would opt for the first as there is cable, wi-fi, full service sites, there is the beach at callaway, the fl state circus is there in the summer, the gardens are beautiful and have lots to do including a butterfly garden, most children enjoy, roosevelt home is close by for a nice visit, also wild animal park, there is horse back riding, go-carts .

faye is offline   Reply With Quote