Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

4th Of July problem

We are full time for the most part, retired and not thinking about it being the 4th of July weekend soon. The problem is we will leaving Gettysburg on the 3rd of July with plans to go to the outer banks. Realizing it's the 4th of July weekend, we called ahead to several RV parks and everybody is full. Does anyone have any ideas on where we should check to stay? We can't stay in Gettysburg because the park in full for that weekend.

Tom

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X
OurBigRVAdventure.com
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
We are full time for the most part, retired and not thinking about it being the 4th of July weekend soon. The problem is we will leaving Gettysburg on the 3rd of July with plans to go to the outer banks. Realizing it's the 4th of July weekend, we called ahead to several RV parks and everybody is full. Does anyone have any ideas on where we should check to stay? We can't stay in Gettysburg because the park in full for that weekend.

Tom
Walmart if they have room! Almost every state and COE campground in Kansas is booked many months in advance for all summer holiday weekends. Back in the good old days, it was first come, first serve. Now they all reserve over the net.

OurBigRVAdventure.com
test test test
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #3

Tom222. Besides being a camper, I am also a campground owner. When I am full, I always tell people to keep trying to find something else but if they are unsuccessful, call me back. It is not uncommon for us to have a last minute cancellation and if we can re-rent the site, we can give a full refund to the folks who had to cancel at the last minute. It makes everyone happy. Keep trying to find something but don't be afraid to call back at the places you really want to stay. Good luck.
mrebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebele View Post
Tom222. Besides being a camper, I am also a campground owner. When I am full, I always tell people to keep trying to find something else but if they are unsuccessful, call me back. It is not uncommon for us to have a last minute cancellation and if we can re-rent the site, we can give a full refund to the folks who had to cancel at the last minute. It makes everyone happy. Keep trying to find something but don't be afraid to call back at the places you really want to stay. Good luck.
Good for you ! Wish there were more owners out there like yourself!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #5

Quote:

Where is your campground at, sounds like we need to give you some more business. Thanks for info.

Tom

OurBigRVAdventure.com
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #6

Sure 'nuf, we'd like to know where you are too MREBELE!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I too wish more CG owners like you around. I'm sure the campground I frequent during the summer months would re-rent to someone else and also keep the cancelled campers money.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Tom222 - if all else fails, you can always boondock at one of the many truck stops. I limited myself to Flying-J or Pilot when we do that (which is generally only in a pinch).
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
RV8

4th of July problem

Just south of you in Freeland Md is a nice spot called Merry Meadows Recreation Farm. Stayed there last spring. Good luck as you are close the DC metroplex. Hope it goes well.
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote