Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #29

You ain't paid nothin

until you stay at Nemacolin in Farmington, Pa.

There is an RV park on the hotel property they installed for the PGA tour pros. It's ONLY $150.00 per night!

The golf course is fabulous as is the entire resort. It has a nice spa for the ladies also.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #30

Just spent a week at Campland on the Bay, San Diego. Took our 7 year old granddaughter. She had wonderful time. $103 per night. I'm not complaining, just presenting the information.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #31

A couple years ago I saw a website for a motorhome only RV resort on the FL gulf coast, $180/day. It looked like RVers heaven on the web page.
Disney world is an experience not an amusement park, you get what you pay for. We're not ready for that experience, there's way too much free America to see yet.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #32

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
Who in their right mind would pay $72.00 a night for camping?

Me I guess, if I want to spend a night at Fort Wilderness

I guess I should have put my reservations in last year because all they had left were the high price premium sites.

Oh well,

Ron
I myself would never pay that price.
But I do know people who would.
For instance, I travelled in Europe this spring and some of my friends stayed at a campsite where they paid close to 100 Euros.
There were a lot of special atractions at the campsite which made it a great experience for their children.

For myself, I would not pay over 35.00 dollars/night unless I am close to a large centre with many attractions we could go and visit. But 45.00 would be the limit.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #33

Sounds like I can beat you all! Check out the summer holiday rates at Malibu Beach RV Resort. Over the July 4th weekend we paid $140.00 a night. They mark up their already high rates by $75.00 a night. But like SKNight said, it's alot less than hotels in the area and the views are breathtaking! I guess it's all a matter of your priorities!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #34

I guess if you pay the high prices at these places, its because you want to pay their charges. If we all quit paying those high prices, they might drop the prices eventually. I couldn't afford their luxury prices and if all local cg's are similar, I guess I would not be able to stay in the area.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pigeon Forge KOA was over 80 for a pull thru and 60 for a back in next to the dumpster :(

Ahhh but for 80+ bucks you get a wire blue light special patio chair to sit in and a fancy chiminea

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #36

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamper View Post
Pigeon Forge KOA was over 80 for a pull thru and 60 for a back in next to the dumpster :(

Ahhh but for 80+ bucks you get a wire blue light special patio chair to sit in and a fancy chiminea
Huh? Dang they went up. What about other CG's in the area?
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
Huh? Dang they went up. What about other CG's in the area?

They had 40 dollars listed on the price for after hours check in. I put cash in the drop box I went up to the office the next morning to pay the tax, and they tried to get another 20 bucks out of me telling me that was the seasonal rate. I refused to pay the additional charge they tried to add on and almost had to call the police. It is illegal to charge more than the posted rate. The girl at the desk was very rude.
I will never go near that place again. That and the KOA in harpers ferry are the two worst experiences I have had in well over ten years.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #38

I would expect turn down service and a mint.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #39

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by garym114 View Post
I would expect turn down service and a mint.
And a kiss with a little cuddling. I've been in that KOA. $8 a night would be a tick high for me.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #40

That sounds like the KOA in New Bern for a premium site. You get a nice concrete pad, a chiminea, a glider rocker, table with chairs, umbrella and a potted plant! It was alittle expensive but we treated ourselves!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #41

Bluewater Key: Bluewater Key RV Resort!

This is one of our favorite places to stay. Prices range from $115 to $180.

Sugarloaf Key KOA is just a few miles north of Bluewater. We drove through Sugarloaf and it's nothing but a gravel/crushed shell parking lot, no shade and packed in like sardines.

Bluewater is expensive but you can get a site like this. This place is so nice, quiet and sooo relaxing.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #42

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountry View Post
Bluewater Key: Bluewater Key RV Resort!

This is one of our favorite places to stay. Prices range from $115 to $180.

Sugarloaf Key KOA is just a few miles north of Bluewater. We drove through Sugarloaf and it's nothing but a gravel/crushed shell parking lot, no shade and packed in like sardines.

Bluewater is expensive but you can get a site like this. This place is so nice, quiet and sooo relaxing.

Wow, pretty swank! I could see it for that.

Like I said I've noticed it's relative to local hotels. I was in HHI Labor day weekend. I paid $50 a night for your run of the mill well run CG. Nice, but not terribly special.

Checked on a few hotels, Comfort Suites type, not Four Seasons quality, and they were running $125 a night. We paid less than half, so $50 might be steep for some, but it's not out of line comparatively.